Rhule or Sanders

HuskerX

After watching the Colorado/TCU game, who would you rather have as Huskers Head Coach?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Rhule or Deion Sanders

• Rhule
    • Sanders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2023 at 01:21 AM

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did I say they were bad? It isn't the narrative, it is the truth. That TCU team IS NOT the team that played for a title last year plain and simple. 20 point favorites for the first game of the year doesn't mean squat. The only person trying to create a narrative here is you. 

Nope.  It was a great win against the level of opponent Nebraska hasn't beaten in years.  No spin needed.

• Haha 3
  • TBH 4

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Nope.  It was a great win against the level of opponent Nebraska hasn't beaten in years.  No spin needed.

Except that isn't the point you made. And frankly we don't actually know that. You are making assumptions on how good TCU is based on last year's team. This year they lost alot of the players that made last year's team good. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except that isn't the point you made. And frankly we don't actually know that. You are making assumptions on how good TCU is based on last year's team. This year they lost alot of the players that made last year's team good. 

Yes I assume TCU is a solid program.   So does anyone who even vaguely follows college football.  You're the one trying to downplay the win here. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
50 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

They didn't tackle like it.  They literally had guys who gave effort like it was actually two hand touch

Their defense was bad last year.  They still beat the best the Big Ten had to offer in the playoffs.  It's a good program, and the rapid turnaround at Colorado is beyond impressive. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Their defense was bad last year.  They still beat the best the Big Ten had to offer in the playoffs.  It's a good program, and the Colorado turnaround is beyond impressive. 

That was last year.  CU didn't really stop them on defense either.  That doesn't really tell me their offense is good.  Kidna like how teams have put up big numbers against Nebraska in the past and laid an egg the next week vs a solid defense.  Maybe TCU's and CU's offenses are really just that good.  But I doubt it.

• Plus1 3

The thing that I think has gotten lost, and what impressed me most with Sanders is the way he built his staff. The number of former Division 1 head coaches on his staff has to be up there with Bama. Those guys got to be head coaches by excelling at something and as long as Sanders keeps those egos in check (which his ego probably is more than strong enough to do) they can excel at what made them move up the ranks to become head coaches in the first place. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

2018- 7-6

2019- 5-7

2020- 6-4

2021- 5-7

2022- 13-2

Anyone who vaguely follows football might think TCU is a solid program. But if you actually follow closely you would know TCU has been a middling program outside of last season.

And of course I will downplay the win. It's Colorado and I hate Colorado. You can give them credit all you want but it's Colorado so who cares.

Okay, it's a middling program whose playoff run doesn't count for anything.  I'm perfectly willing to let you have it your way.  It just means next week we'll either be winning or losing against a team that's also not very good.  So if we win, it's not a very good win.  If we lose, it's a bad loss.

• TBH 4
32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Okay, it's a middling program whose playoff run doesn't count for anything.  I'm perfectly willing to let you have it your way.  It just means next week we'll either be winning or losing against a team that's also not very good.  So if we win, it's not a very good win.  If we lose, it's a bad loss.

Never said it counted for nothing just am saying we need to look at it in context and we don't really know what kind of team they are this year. More data will yield more information. I refuse to give into the snap judgments after 1 week of football.

I'm also not really concerned with whether the win or loss looks good or bad. Our program has sucked for nearly a decade now, I am not expecting us to be amazing this season. What I am going to do is look for improvement and trust that the people we put in place are doing their very best to make Nebraska a winner. It's all I as a fan can do.

We gave this guy the reigns so we can either ride with the guy or complain about the other guy we should have gotten. It's easy to compare. I'd rather just look in the mirror at this point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Their defense was bad last year.  They still beat the best the Big Ten had to offer in the playoffs.  It's a good program, and the rapid turnaround at Colorado is beyond impressive. 

That's fine to call out, but just from my memory alone......

Michigan threw 2 pick 6's and were also stopped on a 4th and goal.  They still should have won the game.

A win is a win, there's no doubt but Michigan played poorly the entire first half and just couldn't close the gap.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

One game shows that the program is turned around?  OK...they got a win and that's good for them.  But....I fail to see how the turnaround is complete and everything is fantastic based on one game.  And...I fail to see how the Huskers are a complete dumpster fire and Rhule is a failure based on one game.

Football doesn't work like that.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
15 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t care to go back and look and see if this has been posted, but……..

Florida A&M beat Jacksonville State 28-10 Saturday.  Just a few months after their coach and savior took all the talent with him.

Colorado will be different though.

I've been hearing through the rumor mill that Jackson State and Jacksonville State might be different colleges

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

I just did a complete survey of the college football landscape and the consensus is that Colorado coming off a 1-11 season pulled off an impressive upset against a ranked team. Despite having played for the national championship just months ago, TCU was rated #17, taking into account the loss of key players. Still, by all accounts a Colorado team starting the season with 80 new players assembled on the fly were given a formidable test by opening against TCU on the road. It's just one game, but Colorado met and even exceeded the hype. 

So now Colorado is the biggest story in college football, based on its celebrity coach, the high caliber offense showed in its first game, the son of the coach setting a school passing record, and a legitimate two-way football player living up to his Heisman hype. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is. 

So now we gotta decide: if we shouldn't make a big deal about it if Nebraska loses to Colorado, do we still get to make a big deal about it if we win?