What did we learn? Colorado edition

Like the announcers said Sanders if rebuilding from outside in which is quick. Rhule is rebuilding from the inside out which takes longer. Sanders brought in a ton of people to play now. Rhule brought in a lot of freshman to grow. 

We weren't picked to win over MN, we didn't but gave it a shot

We weren't picked to win over CU, we didnt. We need to slow the roll. We weren't good and this isn't gonna happen overnight. It pains me to say that

Sims needs to figure his s#!t out.  Sadly we don't have a lot of backups that can play better. 

Still painful 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol, what? We don’t face another team this year with the collection of qb and wr/ rb speed and talent Colorado has. Michigan included.

ppl overlooking the biggest reason Deion is pulling this off, his son is an electric qb who selectively runs and has a quick throw with zip. I love the way he plays, reminds me of a slimmer/quicker jt Barrett 

Sanders is erratic with his accuracy and that stunted multiple Colorado drives today. Their run game was non-existent for the majority of the game. I expect the majority of our opponents to have better all-around offensive play.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think they are promising on defense, but on offense? 

This can't get worse on offense, so maybe that's a saving grace.

Offense is a damn train wreck. Beyond sims and the turnovers- fidone’s non presence has been deflating. Thought we had a stud and studs find the ball and ways to make an impact. He’s been a nonfactor

2 minutes ago, Lunchbucket said:

Like the announcers said Sanders if rebuilding from outside in which is quick. Rhule is rebuilding from the inside out which takes longer. Sanders brought in a ton of people to play now. Rhule brought in a lot of freshman to grow. 

Is this even a viable option in 2023? So many of our (and every college's) freshman will transfer at some point. So many will not develop. By the time said freshman make their mark down the road, we'll already have been decimated on the field due to not bringing in quick starters that the future recruiting classes will just get worse.

• Plus1 1
Just now, secretasianman said:

So we’re giving up more than 36 per game the rest of the way ?

better offenses /= more points given up.

We play in the B1G, so the ppg will go down just because of slower offensive pacing.

That said, if we continue turning the ball over at least once a quarter, then yeah... the ppg will be ugly.

11 minutes ago, I am I said:

It was fun here at Reed’s Tavern down here south in Lone Tree. Great crowd, great service. 

our defense plays well enough to win. Hate to say it this early in the season, but I hope our locker room doesn’t start to divide cuz our offense is so bad they deserve some side eyes from our defense. 

like I said in the Duke v Clemson thread:

how is it possible that perennially crap teams can put something together for a game or two but we just cannot?  Hell, KU looked decent last night. Can we ever just look competent? 

we have a huge plug in our asses as a program. We need to pull that plug and just play some damn fun football, go for broke, lighten up, make plays. 

defense A-

offense D-

D- is way too good of a grade for this inept offense.

8 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Sanders is erratic with his accuracy and that stunted multiple Colorado drives today. Their run game was non-existent for the majority of the game. I expect the majority of our opponents to have better all-around offensive play.

He was FAR from erratic, his inaccuracies were more misran routes or miscommunication. He was very very accurate.

• Plus1 2
Just now, McGuillotine said:

He was FAR from erratic, his inaccuracies were more misran routes or miscommunication. He was very very accurate.

Perhaps you're correct; I wasn't watching close enough at Colorado to determine why a number of his ball placements were far from the target (if it was inaccuracy or if it was misran routes/micommunication). But without knowing said passes were due to the latter, I greatly question his accuracy moving forward against talented secondaries.

Nebraska fans should stop buying stock in press conferences and offseason hype. 

Satt shouldn’t be judged so hard until he gets a QB that isn’t a disadvantage to the team. Liked his 2nd quarter adjustment to the run game. 

Oline probably had their best matchup of the season and still started to cave. 

Like the youth upfront. Something that’ll definitely help the backend. Would trade Ty Rob for 2 water bottles. 

LBs look decent going forward 

we’ve never had corners that really mirrored well other than CTB. But for the most part they held on until the team gave up. 

Don’t know how long we can keep Tony White. But if he leaves soon that might drop the bottom out of the rebuilt 

• TBH 1