Michigan Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

That call reminded me Frost. 

For Frost it made sense, that was the offensive identity. This Saturday it was completely out of character. All season long you've been lining up under center and sneaking it or handing it off up the gut. Then in you're toughest game, when you need it the most, you go to a call that no one has ran in game in a situation like this. Stupid!

• TBH 1

The only thing I can think of on the 4th and 1 for going to Shotgun, is to give HH the ability to pick a spot to run to.  The OL was not getting any push, so by giving HH a head start and a little vision, maybe he could hit the one crease that the OL did give him.  (except he left his feet, and that is a nono.  You lose all your power and momentum when you do that)

15 hours ago, lo country said:

This goes back to Prime on day one.  Y'all are part of a 1-11 team, a losing a program.  You have accepted it.  Expected it....As a coach how do you fix that?  Honestly.  Winning obviously would help, but in lieu of that, how does one do that.

Coach Prime basically gutted the entire roster of players who accepted a losing culture. Colorado still has major roster issues, but they fought back against USC after a rough Oregon game. They will still probably make a bowl game despite a difficult schedule. 

Matt Rhule is also going to flip the entire roster, but he's going to do it in two seasons instead of one. The hope on doing this is because the coaches really hoped they could get to 6 wins in year 1 considering our crappy schedule. Hopefully they improve week to week and revive the season against Illinois, who is probably te second worst team remaining in the schedule. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, soup said:

The only thing I can think of on the 4th and 1 for going to Shotgun, is to give HH the ability to pick a spot to run to.  The OL was not getting any push, so by giving HH a head start and a little vision, maybe he could hit the one crease that the OL did give him.  (except he left his feet, and that is a nono.  You lose all your power and momentum when you do that)

The leap was hopeless unless HH was a 7' high jumper.  Both guards and center were demolished leverage wise(I know I know great Michigan DL and NU Oline sucks) and were stood straight up.  Didn't watch the tackles, but based on experience and history I'll assume Cochran probably looking back at his defender blowing by him and Benhart was standing straight up holding on for dear life.  More or less anything between the tackles had no prayer on that play.

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Hopefully they improve week to week and revive the season against Illinois, who is probably te second worst team remaining in the schedule. 

Interestingly, our next four opponents (Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State) currently all have the same overall record we do. I'd like to at least see us split them.

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, Toe said:

Interestingly, our next four opponents (Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State) currently all have the same overall record we do. I'd like to at least see us split them.

I think if we go 2-2 down that stretch, no bowl game.  Go 3-1, I think the only team remaining e have a shot against would be Iowa.  Hoping we miraculously go 4-0 this stretch.  secure a bowl.  Rhule can show his plan is "working".  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1