The Israel-Hamas War

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Wonder if the guy in the red hat will have to do extra monkey bars for pointing his gun at his homie.

These are the guys we lost to. Fighting in robes and flip flops. Granted, I get that it is almost near impossible as a standing army to fight a non-conventional guerrilla style force. But still. I also understand the kill ratios of them versus us is drastic. But damn!

3 hours ago, Decked said:

These are the guys we lost to. Fighting in robes and flip flops. Granted, I get that it is almost near impossible as a standing army to fight a non-conventional guerrilla style force. But still. I also understand the kill ratios of them versus us is drastic. But damn!

They've also been doing it their whole lives, live in the terrain they're defending, and the country is basically a bunch of tribes/clans with no concept of patriotism or national unity. It's a place that's been in conflict since the beginning of written history. There's is no loyalty.

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

They've also been doing it their whole lives, live in the terrain they're defending, and the country is basically a bunch of tribes/clans with no concept of patriotism or national unity. It's a place that's been in conflict since the beginning of written history. Theirs is no loyalty.

For sure 

21 hours ago, Decked said:

Yeah the same thought occurred to me, "can't believe we lost to these guys".

I mean...bombing the s#!t out of Iraq and Syria is a good idea.  I know there are some nutjobs that think those places are misunderstood and s#!t...and some pro-pally nuts and probably pro-houtie nuts...

I can't imagine anyone here is against bombing them.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean...bombing the s#!t out of Iraq and Syria is a good idea.  I know there are some nutjobs that think those places are misunderstood and s#!t...and some pro-pally nuts and probably pro-houtie nuts...

I can't imagine anyone here is against bombing them.  

The response is appropriate and struck the goldilocks zone of a proportional response to 3 dead Americans. 

It was restrained enough to prevent regional escalation but strong enough to send a message. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The response is appropriate and struck the goldilocks zone of a proportional response to 3 dead Americans. 

It was restrained enough to prevent regional escalation but strong enough to send a message. 

Agreed.

Sadly, it won't matter because they are nuts