The Israel-Hamas War

1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Maybe we could stop funding both sides. Remember last month when a well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory gave Iran billions? With the exception of Biden and the State Dept, everyone knew that was a terrible idea.

NYP: Biden continues Iran’s access to $10 billion just weeks after its proxy killed three American soldiers

Iran doesn't have that money, will never get it in a lump sum, and it can't be spent on military items. It must be spent on humanitarian items or the funds will be locked down. Just like the $6B from South Korea, except this time it's money that Iraq owes Iran for electricity.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh I agree!  

But, sadly, our nut-jobs here in the states MIGHT start blocking bridges if we "help" Israel take care of Iran.

s#!t, there are people that think the bridge-blockers forced "peace"!

We just gotta wait 7-8 months, that is it.  Just make sure JB wins

If the U.S. helps escalate the war by attacking Iran, do you honestly think the blowback on Biden will come from the students? 

Can you think of anyone else who might advocate against U.S. troops engaging in a Middle East war? 

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If the U.S. helps escalate the war by attacking Iran, do you honestly think the blowback on Biden will come from the students? 

Can you think of anyone else who might advocate against U.S. troops engaging in a Middle East war? 

I did not say students.  I said nut-jobs.  

Joe doesn't need issues with Iran right now.  Anything that hurts his amount of votes is bad, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Gage County said:

Maybe we could stop funding both sides. Remember last month when a well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory gave Iran billions? With the exception of Biden and the State Dept, everyone knew that was a terrible idea.

NYP: Biden continues Iran’s access to $10 billion just weeks after its proxy killed three American soldiers

You really don’t understand that issue. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

5 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Bring me up to speed.

Iran doesn’t have access to that money and they never will. 

They can buy humanitarian stuff like food. Then, the international community will pay that bill with the money. It never gets touched by Iran. 

So, to say they are funding the war with it is wrong. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Iran doesn’t have access to that money and they never will. 

They can buy humanitarian stuff like food. Then, the international community will pay that bill with the money. It never gets touched by Iran. 

So, to say they are funding the war with it is wrong. 

Did Iran ever spend money on humanitarian aid prior to this? 

50 minutes ago, commando said:

good showing for the defense. 

That’s was pretty awesome to see.  

• Plus1 2