The Israel-Hamas War

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yes, I support the two State solution.  It seems idiotic not to.  You have two groups of people who don't really want to be governed together.  The weird thing is that Palestine is divided up into two areas.  Gaza and the West Bank.  So, how is that supposed to work?

I wonder why more politicos don’t think of trying a three state solution.  Gaza as a city/state and the West Bank has its own autonomy.  

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

What would you do/like to see done with the Isreali State and 10 million jewish people living there?

There's no easy answers here. By that I mostly mean, "there are no solutions that don't include a level of unfairness to some amount of people". There's also seemingly very little chance for it to ever actually get resolved peacefully and genuinely. But, if it were, it would necessitate the removal of Hamas organizationally and the removal of Israel's blockades and also occupation of large swaths of land that hundreds of thousands of Palestinian families had lived on for hundreds of years and they were displaced from.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Lorewarn said:

"there are no solutions that don't include a level of unfairness to some amount of people". There's also seemingly very little chance for it to ever actually get resolved peacefully and genuinely.

Without all out war (which no one wants and would expand to include the US quickly) this is the key stumbling block. 

@commando, here's a few more to add to your list of those that won't condemn Hamas

Nay votes (10):
Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY)
Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO)
Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN)
Rep. Al Green (D-TX)
Rep. Summer Lee (D-PA)
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)
Rep. Delia Ramirez (D-IL)
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)

Present votes (6):
Rep. Greg Casar (D-TX)
Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX)
Rep. Chuy Garcia (D-IL)
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA)
Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)
Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who knows but everyone in the Hamas caucus has/had an opportunity to say so.  

You mean like statement's like this?

In a statement, Bush said: 

“All human life is precious, and I will continue to denounce the violence and bloodshed we have seen in Gaza and Israel over the past few weeks. I deeply mourn and grieve all the civilians — Israeli, Palestinian, and American — who were and continue to be killed. For that reason, I voted against this one-sided resolution, which explicitly and intentionally fails to mourn Palestinians while simultaneously green-lighting more death and violence.

LINK