2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Riola's tape looks really good, but I dont think you pay a freshman that much.   NU probably has something to say but not the final. I'm guessing we don't have $2m to pay any qb. 

I believe we do have that type of money it's just the decision if you want to pay that for the quality of qb you want to get.  Obviously Nebraska and the fans have suffered bc of the losing and piss poor choices Nebraska has made.

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Like I said I don't think we have that much for 1 player.

I do think we have that might for one player.  It seems likely that we had something close to that number for two players.

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This money goes out to several players in different sports - men & women. 

It does go to both.  But not equally.

• TBH 1

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Its about what someone will pay. 

Agreed. So the idea is a team like Nebraska with no QBs to speak of, $2M is out of line for an experienced proven guy like McCord? 

If that’s really the case, I guess we can just prepare for another season of HH and CP.

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I do not believe it was just about the money. 

It was also probably the guarantee from the coaches that he wanted to be the starter and Nebraska told him well we got the number one qb in the nation that also wants the spot so whoever is the best will get the job and be the starter.  But I just think McCord should have been named the starter and it's his to lose the spot and the others to gain it from him not to be on a even playing field bc it's fair or the Nebraska way of doing things.