2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I will say it will be nice to ad some talented WR but I'm willing to bet the ones on the roster will look 5x better with a QB who can get them the ball when and where it's supposed to be 

Absolutely agree. I would just feel a lot better about the room with a solid vet or two with some productivity at the P5 level.

Why couldn’t we just win one more game? Why? Now, we have to listen to 1000000 reasons why good QBs don’t want to come here. We have not had a winning season for 6 years and we have not been relevant for over two decades. If you were a top QB, would you pick us? I would focus more on getting a better OL, a decent special teams coach, and a good QB coach and develop some talent to get us to win 8 or more games and then start competing for top talent. In many of our games this season, you could have had Tom Brady behind that OL and he would have sucked. I do not understand why we keep losing sight of what is important. With a decent OL and decent special teams we could have easily been 8-4. Iowa got to 10 wins with no QB and barely any talent on offense other than their OL. How did they do it? Also, if you were McCord and you hear that Raiola is considering coming to Nebraska and his uncle is an OL coach, would you come? It is not always about the money. The top QBs know that what you can get in the NFL is more than what you can get from NIL. What is important is to have the opportunity to play as a starter and prove yourself.

Finally, does anyone on this board think that Dylan Raiola would even consider us if his uncle was not a coach here?

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Why couldn’t we just win one more game? Why? Now, we have to listen to 1000000 reasons why good QBs don’t want to come here. We have not had a winning season for 6 years and we have not been relevant for over two decades. If you were a top QB, would you pick us? I would focus more on getting a better OL, a decent special teams coach, and a good QB coach and develop some talent to get us to win 8 or more games and then start competing for top talent. In many of our games this season, you could have had Tom Brady behind that OL and he would have sucked. I do not understand why we keep losing sight of what is important. With a decent OL and decent special teams we could have easily been 8-4. Iowa got to 10 wins with no QB and barely any talent on offense other than their OL. How did they do it? Also, if you were McCord and you hear that Raiola is considering coming to Nebraska and his uncle is an OL coach, would you come? It is not always about the money. The top QBs know that what you can get in the NFL is more than what you can get from NIL. What is important is to have the opportunity to play as a starter and prove yourself.

Finally, does anyone on this board think that Dylan Raiola would even consider us if his uncle was not a coach here?

That's the spirit!  Cast negative light on anything good happening.   

Lol, we just don't know how to handle ourselves as a fan base anymore. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That's the spirit!  Cast negative light on anything good happening.   

Lol, we just don't know how to handle ourselves as a fan base anymore. 

I am sorry that the truth hurts. Can you point to what exactly is incorrect from what I said? Did we not lose 4 games in a row and finish 5-7 or were we watching something different. Success breeds success. Look at what our volleyball team has done and why they continue to attract top talent. Players nowadays are impatient. They want to play for the best. We need a few success stories in our football program to start attracting good talent. We don’t have many success stories in football over the past decade. Or do we?

12 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

If we let McCord walk out the door because Raiola might possibly flip, get ready.

If the rumors are correct, Kyle and Dylan were both OK with whatever arrangement Rhule was proposing. It was McCord's dad, who thinks he knows what's best for Kyle better than Kyle does, who threw a fit...

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
35 minutes ago, Toe said:

If the rumors are correct, Kyle and Dylan were both OK with whatever arrangement Rhule was proposing. It was McCord's dad, who thinks he knows what's best for Kyle better than Kyle does, who threw a fit...

What’s the real story here as we have conflicting ones.  If McCord’s dad didn’t want to compete with Raiola then we should hear that Raiola is N, right?  Also if Raiola is OK competing are we still looking for a QB that fits more of a bridge role? 

20 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

What’s the real story here as we have conflicting ones.  If McCord’s dad didn’t want to compete with Raiola then we should hear that Raiola is N, right?  Also if Raiola is OK competing are we still looking for a QB that fits more of a bridge role? 

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing if Nebraska still wants to bring in another transfer qb or is ok with the qb room.  I wished Nebraska would have went after DeQuan Finn bc he truly is a dual threat qb.  He completed 63% of his passes for over 2600 yards with 22 td passes and 9 interceptions and he carried the ball 123 times for over 500 yards and 7 rushing td's. He's dangerous in the RPO system bc of his quickness.  Unfortunately Baylor, and USC are after him along with Michigan.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1