What did we learn? Purdue edition

Red Five

I learned;

1- I love this defense and Tony White. They need to do whatever it takes to keep him as our DC for the foreseeable future. Whatever. It. Takes.

2- I keep wanting to blame Satt for this offense but that doesn’t seem fair. So then I want to blame him for not calling plays that maximize our strengths and player’s abilities but then I realize we really don’t have any offensive strengths and our abilities are severely hampered by the most important position on the field.  Being the OC for this team must be like being an auto mechanic with absolutely no tools.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

We have a better record than Clemson.

Clemson is 5-7 in their last 12 games against FBS opponents.

Clemson's last four recruiting classes have been #15, #14, #5 and #3.

You can always use more talent.

But you need more than that.

You don't get better players and then start winning.

You overachieve with the players you have then start attracting more talent.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 4
3 hours ago, soup said:

Jeff sims was in for four plays and one was a near catastrophe for snapping the ball into the motion guy (I mean really??). And another other was a catastrophe 

he will never see the field again this year. (I hope)

He was in for four plays.

He screwed up on three of them.

More of the same.  No need to see more.

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I learned;

1- I love this defense and Tony White. They need to do whatever it takes to keep him as our DC for the foreseeable future. Whatever. It. Takes.

2- I keep wanting to blame Satt for this offense but that doesn’t seem fair. So then I want to blame him for not calling plays that maximize our strengths and player’s abilities but then I realize we really don’t have any offensive strengths and our abilities are severely hampered by the most important position on the field.  Being the OC for this team must be like being an auto mechanic with absolutely no tools.

At this point I'm not blaming the offensive coaches for anything but going after Jeff Sims and not keeping Cody Thompson. 

Learned that

(1) our defense rocks and has been the real anchor for this team. Their stats would be very impressive if they were not put in tough spots by the offense. Have not seen our blackshirts swarm an opponent like this since 2009.

(2) our offense is bipolar. Has some instances of competence but gives you a heartburn 95% of the time.

(3) we need a QB. What we have does not qualify as a power 5 QB. 

(4) we have a chance in the weak BIG West.

(5) the team is learning to win albeit very very ugly. However, as long as the winning culture is slowly starting to fuse with this team, with some better talent, wins will hopefully come easier. Just win baby!

(6) we are one win away from a bowl. Definitely did not see that coming the way we started the season.

(7) I am starting to see hope with Rhule and I will like him more if he can find a way to limit the team’s turnovers and stupid penalties. 
(8) WE HAVE A WINNING RECORD. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

At this point I'm not blaming the offensive coaches for anything but going after Jeff Sims and not keeping Cody Thompson. 

Against FBS opponents this year, Casey Thompson is completing 55 percent of his passes, has no TDs and 4 INTs.  He has -16 yards rushing.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Sims sucks and should never play again. 

we dominated on defense in every game but Michigan. We need to see if they stole our signs for defense. 

GBR!!!9

I think they are roiding this year as well. I think Michigan is just doing whatever it takes to win right now rules be damned. 

• Enhance changed the title to What did we learn? Purdue edition