What did we learn? Purdue edition

Red Five

Just now, The Dude said:

5-1 since moving on from Sims. 1 away from bowl eligibility.   Making it to a bowl game with this offense would be borderline hilarious.  Especially after being told for so long that it takes at least 4-5 years to get a program to that level.  :lol:

Yet there are people complaining that our defense only looks good 'cause these offenses suck. As if we've consistently won these games lately.

• Thanks 1

- I learned our Defense will carry this team to a bowl and possibly the B1G West lead.  They're so good the data about turning it over more than the other team and losing do not hold true.

- I learned every time a player on O touches the ball I expect a fumble

- We need a QB for next year, probably two.  HH is winning games because he has a great Defense to back him.

-  Rhule is the right guy for this program.  

- White needs to write a salary down on a napkin, whatever number he wants, and we pay him that

- Our youngins are fast.  I'm glad they're getting meaningful snaps this year.  It only bodes well for next year.

When we called two straight pass plays instead of hand-off's to Johnson there in the 4th, that was a bad coaching decision. And when Rhule put Sims in the game, that wound up being a pretty bad decision, too.

But we still put up 24 points on offense. We just keep finding ways to win, and Rhule gets the credit there in my opinion.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Making it to a bowl game with this offense would be borderline hilarious.

What's extra funny honestly is that's a description of Iowa's program for so many seasons now.

It was high time we started playing good defense.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I learned that Satterfield needs to give half of his paycheck to white.  White is severely underpaid white Satterfield is extremely overpaid.

We put up 24 points of offense which was the most we've had in a conference game this year. So I'm not sure that this is the game to come down really hard on Satterfield. We were 1 point underdogs according to Vegas, so put up 31 points total and win by 17? Pretty great.

The decision to put Sims in was probably Rhule's (but I haven't listened to his post game presser yet).

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

5-1 since moving on from Sims. 1 away from bowl eligibility.   Making it to a bowl game with this offense would be borderline hilarious.  Especially after being told for so long that it takes at least 4-5 years to get a program to that level.  :lol:

What I recall is years to get back to competing for Conference Championships and National Championships.

The fact that we' ll likely make it to a bowl game in Rhule's first year speaks to the ineptitude of the last staff and the competency of this one. Rhule might do it faster than 4-5 years but he certainly won't have all the wheels back on the wagon this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance changed the title to What did we learn? Purdue edition