Defense played incredible

Tommie Hill, Gifford and the DBs played great

15 play drive 87 yards that resulted in TD was awesome

Fleeks has special speed in space and outside runs 

Emmett Johnson is becoming better and better each week

Haarberg threw some pretty good passes

Noticed Benhart several times unfortunately for the wrong reasons

Didn't notice Corcoran for wrong reasons because backups played well 

The Sims fumble - I needed to see that.  Rhule & Satterfield probably needed to see that too.  Because it closes the door on him and ends all talk about it the rest of the year.  He's done.  This is Haarberg's team.  

Was a great win, even though there were turnovers.  I love this defense!  5 wins in the last 6 games played, with a bad Michigan State team next.

Love it!

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

Defense is solid.  Some dudes flying around.  

#1 against the run in the B1G now IIRC.

Pay White Satterfield money to keep him.  He is doing this with guys he didn't recruit.  Guys passed up and over by the previous staff, guys at new positions, new schemes and some true fresh starting or in the 2 deep.  SHOW HIM THE MONEY.  

OL.....We need to rob the portal. BUT with 3 new starters, against 2 game changers in #4 and #5 they didn't look too bad.  Throw in the fact that they put like 10 guys in the box to stop the run knwoing we really have no threatening passing attack.  Need to really work with HH on how to take/deliver a hit.  He seemed "off" again tonite in playing physical.  Either get some previous Huskers in to help with the speed option or get rid of it.  

Still need to stop the TO's.  It's ridiculous and has followed multiple staffs.  

Young guys looked good.  Young receivers looked  fast.

TE's need to learn to finish blocks and be more physical in the blocking game.  Had a few runs that would have done well had they held the blocks longer  

It was a win.  Was ugly, but one game closer to a bowl.

Culture seems to be changing and getting better.

• Plus1 2

Big thank you to the defense. The Blackshirts make watching the game fun. Keep dominating and make Lincoln a defensive destination. This is our way forward in team identity. Physicality over flash.. :throwdabones1:
Next up rebuild the OL pipeline. :power

We need to hit the portal huge on the offensive side of the ball. You could argue with a better than average offense we’d only have 1 loss, to a team that stole our signals. :P

The fumbles have got to stop, ball security is bad. :flush

Nice to see the kicker get some confidence.:thumbs

• Plus1 4

13 minutes ago, lo country said:

Pay White Satterfield money to keep him.  He is doing this with guys he didn't recruit.  Guys passed up and over by the previous staff, guys at new positions, new schemes and some true fresh starting or in the 2 deep.  SHOW HIM THE MONEY.  

I'd throw a shout out to ole Pot Roast and the S&C staff, too.

I said before the season that neither side of the ball was likely capable of 'carrying' the other side and that the offense in year 1 may be ahead of the defense. That was because that's typically the case. There is a reason offensive coaches get promoted so, so, so much more often than defensive coaches and that's because they can scheme around issues so much easier because that side controls the game. Even the most aggressive defensive scheme is still at the mercy of what the offense chooses to do.

I also questioned, even after seeing the spring, if the defensive line and overall pass rush was capable. We were asking some guys, that let's face it haven't performed all that well, to do some things that they weren't really asked to do much. So while I loved White and I loved this defensive scheme I just thought we were probably a year away from being able to implement at a decently high level. While the whole defense has been very good, if I had to single out one unit it is the defensive line, though.

I'm not going to pile on the offense, because what would be the point in that, but I will say I think the biggest draw back in terms of big picture is this season's unfortunate bad luck on that side buys Satterfield a year or two more. He's pretty much what he's always been and that's not a guy deserving of that kind of salary. I wouldn't have hired him, regardless, but for that kind of money there are a lot of options.

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Leads me to believe that we're winning these games despite our Quarterbacks, not because of them.

At this point we're just hoping the offense scores more than they give up. What our defense has done on quick change and short field situations has been truly remarkable.

• Plus1 3
  • Enhance changed the title to What did we learn? Purdue edition