****Maryland Game Day Thread****

Just now, Hayseed said:

I've completely changed my mind about blaming Satterfield for calling real Division 1 plays. There's nothing you can call when every QB jut throws it away or fumbles like a Pee Wee league player.
We are where we deserve to be.
Crouch would've scored 7 times with the same players.

I agree. The offense has been going backward because it was simplistic due to HH being a ridiculous quarterback. Teams got film and that was that. You can’t keep bringing a knife to a gun fight. You have to open up the playbook. 

The pass call at the end was a bad choice tho. I will at least agree that you have to get the 3 there

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I've completely changed my mind about blaming Satterfield for calling real Division 1 plays. There's nothing you can call when every QB jut throws it away or fumbles like a Pee Wee league player.
We are where we deserve to be.
Crouch would've scored 7 times with the same players.

When you go away from what is working or decide to throw head into a wind to open a drive in a tight game against an opponent who is far more talented than you offensively and you need to limit their opportunities, yes you can

Just now, chamrocck said:

This is an awful take. We lead the league in rushing because we don’t have a QB on the roster who can complete a basic 10 yard pass and much is due to an OL who can’t protect. So we get QB runs that amount to no offense.

So your theory is we're accidentally gaining a bunch of yards behind Raiola's line?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 2

Thanks to Josh Martin for stepping in to the TE coaching slot in an emergency. Now in two weeks, move him back to analyst, give Satterfield the "TE coach" label, and hire a real QB coach. On top of raiding the portal. Glad Purdy finally got in, I expected a quick three and out on a whimper, but he found a way to also turn it over after a bizarrely long drive. Sims should not see the field again. Haarberg probably shouldn't either. Just to send a message to QB recruits: no favoritism.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

So your theory is we're accidentally gaining a bunch of yards behind Raiola's line?

My theory is our offense is complete s#!t so yes when all you can do is run the QB and hand off because any other play is a complete disaster you might pick up some yards. You think anyone is scared of our vaunted rushing attack and great OL? 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 3

Just now, chamrocck said:

My theory is our offense is complete s#!t so yes when all you can do is run the QB and hand off because any other play is a complete disaster you might pick up some yards. You think anyone is scared of our vaunted rushing attack and great OL? 

So, against a stacked box because the opponent knows we're going to run, why aren't we just getting shut down?

• TBH 1

I say give Purdy 1st team reps now and start him next week. Teams already have enough tape to see how to stop the O with HH and his passing is 100% not fixable. His mechanics are trash. Don’t need to game plan for Sims because he will eventually implode and beat himself. Purdy may have enough unknowns to be able to squeak out a win. But my god what a s#!t show this is rn

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

And how many points are we scoring these days? The OL is a huge problem and to fail to recognize that will lead to more crapfest football games.

Just saying the O Line is a problem doesn't make it the truth. We had a chance to win this game thanks to the O Line. Ground out yards on the ground, moved us up and down the field, put us in position to score late in the game. That's their job, and Raiola has taught them how to block with a stacked box.

We lost this game because of a stupid play call in the final five minutes, and because our QBs are atrocious. Firing Raiola won't fix either of those issues.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
Just now, The Murphinator said:

Hard to score when your qbs are dropping the ball or throwing it to the other team every time you blink

Agree we have terrible QBs and OL both. Our entire offense needs an overhaul. This will be Rhule’s first big test. With an average offense we are sitting on 7 wins, not 5 with unlikely to win again this year.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I agree. The offense has been going backward because it was simplistic due to HH being a ridiculous quarterback. Teams got film and that was that. You can’t keep bringing a knife to a gun fight. You have to open up the playbook. 

The pass call at the end was a bad choice tho. I will at least agree that you have to get the 3 there

I'm not disagreeing about a call here or there, but Crouch would've scored.