Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

I learned that I laugh even more at those who said a monkey could coach NU to 9 wins when Bo was here.

but I generally just laugh more on Saturdays based on stupidity witnessed

To be sure, Bo Pelini sucked too, he just benefitted from a stocked cupboard and then coasted on weak schedules. Yeah he’s the best since Solich but that ain’t saying much.

12 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

I said 3-9 at the beginning of the season. Mostly because I figured we would get our asses legitimately stomped most games. This 5-7 year is even worse to me because we were in almost every game and had opportunities to be at least 8-4 prob 9-3. Yet we still find a way to lose winnable games. 

Rhule ain’t changing things especially since he’s blind to the nepotism that got him here. 

spider-man-parkour.gif

• Plus1 3

I had predicted 7-5 at the beginning of the season.  I figured better coaching would allow us to win those 1 score games.  Well, the better coaching wasn't there.  We had 5 close games - one would have thought that Neb would have found a way to win at least three of those or even 2 to get to 7-5.   So, my confidence in Rhule has been shaken.  He seems to be a good motivator- practice coach but we saw no advancement in the close games.

I also learned:   Thank goodness for Tony White.  Without him and what his defensive coaches did with our D, we could have easily have been 2-10   This is why Rhule needs wholesale changes on the O side of the team.  Forget the injuries which were many, the O still did not grow this year. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

The last three plays of this game summed up the current state of the program. Driving to win - interception. Need a stop to make the opponent FG tougher - gashed up the middle. Then, lose to a kicker who hadn’t kicked all year.  Because he has a winning mindset. 

These kids had no will to win the West. The undefeated October was their trophy. They thought they had a bowl locked. Then their true colors showed. 

No slander when I say this. They’re losers. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 6
11 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

To be sure, Bo Pelini sucked too, he just benefitted from a stocked cupboard and then coasted on weak schedules. Yeah he’s the best since Solich but that ain’t saying much.

9-10 wins...Bowling every year....Playing for conference championships....being ranked.....That's not saying much?  This is the stuff that's crazy.  A Bo Pelini team would be undefeated against the Riley, Frost, Rhule Huskers.....We are an also run program on life support right now.  

• TBH 3
2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The last three plays of this game summed up the current state of the program. Driving to win - interception. Need a stop to make the opponent FG tougher - gashed up the middle. Then, lose to a kicker who hadn’t kicked all year.  Because he has a winning mindset. 

These kids had no will to win the West. The undefeated October was their trophy. They thought they had a bowl locked. Then their true colors showed. 

This is exactly the way I feel about the program.

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

People hated Prime and what he did day one at CU.  Not saying Rhule needs to go nuclear, but they have been part of, accepted and have been an integral part of of the worst run of Husker football in history....That's an issue.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

Our D, while clearly our best unit, isn’t as good as we thought they were.  When we needed them to step up and send us to overtime they suddenly got bad against the run.  This was Iowa’s offense.  Not Maryland.   

I attended my second game of the season and I’ve decided watching at home is the way to go for me.  

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Our D, while clearly our best unit, isn’t as good as we thought they were.  When we needed them to step up and send us to overtime they suddenly got bad against the run.  This was Iowa’s offense.  Not Maryland.   

I attended my second game of the season and I’ve decided watching at home is the way to go for me.  

I am mad at the team but you really can’t attribute any of the points given up to the defense.

• Plus1 1

I learned that Matt Rhule is a coach and not Gandolf or Dumbledore. There's only so much he can do in the first season. 

You can't make ice cream out of horse droppings. 

Now we need to focus on what the team needs because we can't change what we were this season. I didn't think we were going to win five games this year. Much less go to a bowl. 

There were moments this year where the team really did look good and then it always fell apart. 

I will become optimistic about next season starting now. I'm going to remain so I can be there for the big win. I know it's coming. I have faith. This season never had much of a chance.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2