QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

49 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

This started as discussing keeping reliable backups and helping them improve, then a rabid Husker mob took over and started comparing backups to Joe Montana… like they’ve done for 20 years.

Haarberg and reliable don’t really go together. I hope he transitions to TE or another position, but he is far from a reliable D1 QB

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Just now, StuckinCO said:

His running even got tentative the last few games. He was slowing up and bracing coming into contact. 

That's true but that still doesn't take away the fact that he can run.  Nebraska was thrown for a loop when Jeff Sims underperformed and had to look at other options to succeed.  Clearly HH was thrown into the wolves and wasn't ready.  With more development he could be as a running qb in a run based offense.  Once you become a one dimensional team your screwed in the Big10 bc defenses are too good for that.

21 minutes ago, StuckinCO said:

His running even got tentative the last few games. He was slowing up and bracing coming into contact. 

I agree.  I think he would make a great TE - tall and big enough,  good speed, can run after the catch and being a QB it helps him to know the position. 

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Upgrading Haarberg means moving him to another position where his athleticism could potentially make an NFL roster, not keeping him at QB where he has no future.

Or never, if you're Iowa.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Just a bad season.  Always blame the qb. 

I think a good QB coach would love to work with a gamer like him who has a strong arm but throws wonky sidearm passes 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

McCord didn’t say he’s not coming….he just walked out of the dealership 

Ah, I thought he made some kind of announcement or confirmation we werent in the running anymore?

7 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Would be cool if we only had one thread to look at for DR updates:)

Agreed- we should spin up another thread and try and consolidate ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!