Expectations Tangent Thread

Frazier was one of the best college QBs to ever play the game, especially in the system that was being run at the time. I really enjoyed watching him play. I think it's fair to say that DR has a very different skillset and could make some throws that Tommie may not have been as skilled at, but to compare the two is apples and oranges. 

• Plus1 4
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Dude.....I'm not sure how old you are.  But.....there have been some crazy comments before on this board, but maybe it's just that you're young enough not to know.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dude.....I'm not sure how old you are.  But.....there have been some crazy comments before on this board, but maybe it's just that you're young enough not to know.

Dude I watched Frazier play. He was a running back playing QB IMG_8491.thumb.jpeg.b06bb81967b5274ef6a2498e01b60878.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Frazier was one of the best college QBs to ever play the game, especially in the system that was being run at the time. I really enjoyed watching him play. I think it's fair to say that DR has a very different skillset and could make some throws that Tommie may not have been as skilled at, but to compare the two is apples and oranges. 

IMG_8491.thumb.jpeg.e540ae71b257bf81e97a95819b26ba6b.jpeg

Just now, ChubbaWubba said:

Dude I watched Frazier play. He was a running back playing QB IMG_8491.thumb.jpeg.b06bb81967b5274ef6a2498e01b60878.jpeg

I really don't care about the stats.  He was an amazing QB.

Now....if you were to say that DR is a better QB for the offense we want to run now....I would agree.  But, there is more than one type of QB and just because one is a better passer, doesn't mean he's a better QB for every system.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really don't care about the stats.  He was an amazing QB.

Now....if you were to say that DR is a better QB for the offense we want to run now....I would agree.  But, there is more than one type of QB and just because one is a better passer, doesn't mean he's a better QB for every system.

Just watch every aspect of what this kid does against top competition at his level. His throws are effortless. He evades tackles and completes passes off one leg falling backwards. There is a reason he is the number 1 QB in the class and being compared to the best QB, possibly ever, in Mahomes. Gets the ball out so fast and improvises on the fly. This is just one game highlight not just his hundreds of 60 yard dimes downfield 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

IMG_8491.thumb.jpeg.e540ae71b257bf81e97a95819b26ba6b.jpeg

Posting Tommie's completion % as some kind of indicator of how he performed in college is just ridiculous. Yes, he struggled with that, and like I said, he was a very different QB than what DR will be. But the nearly 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio is not bad, and you failed to include anything about his running stats. Dude was a competitor, but like I said, comparing him to DR (or almost anyone for that matter) is pointless. But if this is what you want to go with, more power to you. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

Just watch every aspect of what this kid does against top competition at his level. His throws are effortless. He evades tackles and completes passes off one leg falling backwards. There is a reason he is the number 1 QB in the class and being compared to the best QB, possibly ever, in Mahomes. Gets the ball out so fast and improvises on the fly. This is just one game highlight not just his hundreds of 60 yard dimes downfield 

Can you show me his college highlights.  If not, get back to me when you can.

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

No one will label him as 'dual threat'.   Not the fastest/agile QB out there for sure.  But if our O goes more pro style then he appears to be a great fit.

54 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

Watched it all. That settles it. DR is horrible at running the option. Frazier wins :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It was only way back in like the 2023 season when they were a QB away from 8 wins

Yes, and the easiest schedule in modern Nebraska Football history is behind them. Fortunately 2024 provides them with another chance to win games, but beyond that the schedule gets much more difficult. Nebraska isn't always going to have a schedule full of teams on multi-game losing streaks to play each week. 

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummm no it wouldn’t 

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I happen to think we are on the precipice of an 8 win season. Hell with even average QB play we were on that precipice this past season. We all know you are more pessimistic especially since you refer to the Huskers as a “dying football program”. Nobody here needs or wants you to be the gatekeeper of expectations.

Honestly you’re coming off as excessively negative. If you feel that way, fine, but imo it’s no way to be a fan and it appears you’re at odds with many of us. We’re adults. We don’t need you to temper our expectations.

What's negative? I don't understand. I'm saying that a team that hasn't been in a bowl since the Obama Administration can set itself up for 7-5 or 8-4 level of success. That's a monumental improvement for a team that has been terrible for a decade. 

I'm starting to get a feeling that Nebraska fans haven't appropriately adjusted their expectations for the new B1G. 7-5 or 8-4 in either of the two Mega-Conferences is going to be a good record. Everybody is going to have more losses. I think it's optimistic for Nebraska to improve the football product faster than the difficulty increase in their schedule. That won't be easy. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yes, and the easiest schedule in modern Nebraska Football history is behind them. Fortunately 2024 provides them with another chance to win games, but beyond that the schedule gets much more difficult. Nebraska isn't always going to have a schedule full of teams on multi-game losing streaks to play each week. 

What's negative? I don't understand. I'm saying that a team that hasn't been in a bowl since the Obama Administration can set itself up for 7-5 or 8-4 level of success. That's a monumental improvement for a team that has been terrible for a decade. 

I'm starting to get a feeling that Nebraska fans haven't appropriately adjusted their expectations for the new B1G. 7-5 or 8-4 in either of the two Mega-Conferences is going to be a good record. Everybody is going to have more losses. I think it's optimistic for Nebraska to improve the football product faster than the difficulty increase in their schedule. That won't be easy. 

Maybe I should’ve said overly pessimistic instead of negative. And we happen to disagree about the W-L record as it relates to being successful. Thinking it would be some great feat to go 7-5 is pessimistic imo. Once again, we could’ve easily achieved that this season with even average QB play. Just look at all of the one score losses we’ve had, primarily because our offense couldn’t do jack squat, especially anything related to the passing game. To think a QB the caliber of DR doesn’t immediately begin to reverse our offensive woes is sort of nuts.

But I am done discussing this with you because we just aren’t looking at it in the same fashion. You think 7 or 8 wins is the most we can hope for in the new B1G and I think the ceiling is higher. I think with a little success we can actually start competing year in and year out with the likes of Michigan, tOSU, Oregon etc. Just need to get over the hump. Hell I’d start following CU football if I really thought 7-8 wins was the most we could hope for.