Trev to A&M

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I disagree. Please provide any shred of proof that people in Nebraska even give 10% of a s#!t for UNO that they do about UNL football and the major sports.

Pot meet kettle. Just prior to this post you complained about another poster using a portion of a quote…..then you did exactly the same thing by editing my post :lol:

For those of us in Omaha, people still complain about his actions at UNO. I had a conversation about this a couple of weeks ago.  Local wrestling is still pissed. 

I cut part of your post because it wasn't important to the conversation. 

Just now, knapplc said:

Good talk.

Context has meaning. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really don't think aTm is any less dysfunctional.  

Yeah.  Probs.  But also I'm doing deep research on big schools in an effort to find 100% functionality.  I think it's even a problem with many conferences at this point, beginning with the PAC ?.

• TBH 1

On 3/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

I mean, if they're paying him significantly more, why wouldn't he go?

I can tell you that every single person on this message board - myself included - would move to a new job if they doubled your salary for what is essentially the same work. He's going to do at A&M the same thing he does at Nebraska: fundraise, push projects they feel helps them be successful, hire coaches after using a search firm, and fundraise some more.

Nebraska, for their part, needs to make sure they hire somebody who takes Trev's place who: has a grasp on the future CBA nature of college football. That isn't a drunk like Bill Moos was or that doesn't insert himself into decisions that should be left up to the head coach like Shawn Eichorst did. Nebraska will hopefully hire somebody who see's where the sport is going (revenue sharing with players), is prepared to fundraise for NIL purposes, and hire competent coaches. 

Pushing pet projects like putting nap pods in a new football facility or revamping the stadium aren't really necessary now. It's all related to NIL, Nebraska needs to hire the best possible candidate in that regard.

I disagree with this take. 

Trev was already very well compensated. Hell, if it was a money issue, this could've been solved without leaving town. 

Trev was a Husker. This is about more than money - this is about loyalty and what it means to be a Husker. Strip this motherf#&%er's name off the North Stadium and let's hit a home run on the next hire. 

• Fire 2
5 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

I disagree with this take. 

Trev was already very well compensated. Hell, if it was a money issue, this could've been solved without leaving town. 

Trev was a Husker. This is about more than money - this is about loyalty and what it means to be a Husker. Strip this motherf#&%er's name off the North Stadium and let's hit a home run on the next hire. 

I agreed with you up until this part. "Loyalty and what it means to be a Husker" could mean any number of things (characteristics) to anyone. You can bash him and blame him for whatever you would like. However, as we've learned in the past 24 hours, the problems within our system extend beyond the AD position and don't appear to have a firm solution on the horizon.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Douglas said:

For those of us in Omaha, people still complain about his actions at UNO. I had a conversation about this a couple of weeks ago.  Local wrestling is still pissed. 

I cut part of your post because it wasn't important to the conversation. 

Context has meaning. 

I mean, I coached wrestling and have been in the HS sports community for a long a$$ time.  I can't remember the last time anyone in HS wrestling or HS sports brought up UNO wrestling in any form at all, positive or negative.  

I have a friend that played FB for UNO and his last season was when the team was cut and he is still mad about it but he doesn't really bring it up, we just make fun of him from time to time about it.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
Just now, teachercd said:

I mean, I coached wrestling and have been in the HS sports community for a long a$$ time.  I can't remember the last time anyone in HS wrestling or HS sports brought up UNO wrestling in any form at all, positive or negative.  

I have a friend that played FB for UNO and his last season was when the team was cut and he is still mad about it but he doesn't really bring it up, we just make fun of him from time to time about it.  

People forget about it until Trev's name is brought up, and then it's a reflexive memory so they make a comment.

And then they proceed to forget all about it until his name pops up again. It's not in the forefront of anyone's mind. It happened 13 years ago, almost to the day. March 12, 2011. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People forget about it until Trev's name is brought up, and then it's a reflexive memory so they make a comment.

And then they proceed to forget all about it until his name pops up again. It's not in the forefront of anyone's mind. It happened 13 years ago, almost to the day. March 12, 2011. 

This is so true.

I liked Coach Denney he was always nice to us as HS coached and we went a few guys to UNO to wrestle for him.  But D1 Basketball is a much bigger deal.  

And right now, for the Trev haters, this is the ammo they need to be like "I TOLD YOU HE WAS A SCUM"

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Madcows said:

From people I know close-ish to the situation, the regents have had 3-4 people they wanted to offer the President position to, Pillen felt those candidates were too liberal ("too woke" was the quote used) and mentioned funding would be more challenging if they went that route. They are now having difficulty agreeing on a qualified candidate conservative enough for Pillen to ensure funding doesn't become an issue. So, with no permanent President in place, behind the scenes above Trev has been, from the way it was described to me "a complete and utter ish-show with no end in sight".  Issues started before Trev was in place, but people above him shielded him from the chaos. That shield is gone and as of yesterday's conversations, has no replacements in sight. Trev has been unhappy for a long time with what has been going on from a university leadership standpoint and has wanted out for more than a year, not a lot of options on where he was willing to go, but he was going to take the first offer he could.  He had been actively looking for options since around Jan. 2023, and expressed his concerns, through appropriate channels on several occasions. He made sure everything he did publicly was positive. The only way he would have stayed is if the regents and governor agreed to a person that was going to be forward thinking, and that's not happening anytime soon. Position may be filled soon-ish, but not by a forward thinking candidate.

If this is true, a lot of what he said for a long time but a bunch of hooey.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I generally don't think one way or another about what Trev did to UNO football or wrestling.

But when it was in conversation a couple of weeks ago at a wrestling function,  it seemed like that wound hasn't healed. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Douglas said:

I generally don't think one way or another about what Trev did to UNO football or wrestling.

But when it was in conversation a couple of weeks ago at a wrestling function,  it seemed like that wound hasn't healed. 

I am sure there are some people still pissed about it.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If this is true, a lot of what he said for a long time but a bunch of hooey.

He was probably conflicted and hopeful/optimistic for longer than he should have been that the temporary frustrations were only temporary.

The last actual job I had was working in full time ministry at a not-quite mega church. I was there during the rise of MAGA and also starting to witness business decisions be made in favor of spiritually healthy ones. Was trying to process it in real time, while also publicly/personally being very complimentary and offering praise for the church and the job because I did love it and I also loved the people despite the growing frustration and confusion and it took me way too long to realize it was heading in a direction I couldn't be a part of.

• Plus1 1

Hopefully and in due time, Trev will address openly his decision. Speculating on it only creates confrontation. However, I don't believe anyone can deny that 206 days and still nowhere near having an announced replacement for Carter is acceptable. I also think the Pillen apologists might rethink their side. The old clique of "s_it rolls down hill" is true but so too is the truth that ownership of a problem starts at the top. 

Trev's gone, the university has to move forward and the university and board of regents can't drag their feet any longer. Pillen is accountable and if it is learned that he's the biggest issue then address it in the next election but for now, the university needs to act proactively and with urgency while also doing their due diligence in finding the best person for the positions, politics aside and excluded in the decision process. Flippin politics!! Hate it!!