Troy Dannen to be New Athletic Director

So with how fast this all went down.  This lends more credence to the fact that Trev knew who was coming on board as president, and didn't like the fit and bailed.

The BoR, didn't just wake up last week and go "Oh crap Trev left we better find someone..."

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, soup said:

So with how fast this all went down.  This lends more credence to the fact that Trev knew who was coming on board as president, and didn't like the fit and bailed.

The BoR, didn't just wake up last week and go "Oh crap Trev left we better find someone..."

Oddly, this does not seem to be the case.

Which makes Trev's decision even more strange. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2

It's official. That was fast.

Nearly one week ago, to the hour, Trev announced his departure for A&M.

“From my first conversation with Troy Dannen, I knew he was a perfect fit for Nebraska. He is a fierce competitor, he holds himself and his programs to uncommonly high standards, and he cares personally about the success of student-athletes in sports, school and life. Troy sees the vision and momentum we have here at Nebraska, from our bold investments in facilities to our record success in the classroom to our bold plan to elevate our national reputation and competitiveness, and he is excited to be a part of it. I am thrilled that we’ve found someone who is 100% aligned with our high expectations and will be all-in on Nebraska.”

GJH7gbbW0AAVOKL?format=jpg&name=orig

GJH7gbXWUAArHr5?format=jpg&name=orig

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oddly, this does not seem to be the case.

Which makes Trev's decision even more strange. 

Agreed, this makes even less sense now.  So we are down to more conjecture.

He left because he dreamt a bit to big on the stadium remodel and was getting spanked in the fund raising efforts and bailed in order to save face.

He left because of the lawsuit, but that seems unlikely given what others have already said.

He really just left to pad his resume for future Commissioner roles.  (seems most likely with a sprinkling of nbr 1)

This seems to be a mutually welcome hire. 

As shocked as we were when Trev abruptly left, as it turns out... we may have upgraded ADs in just over a week.

Matt Rhule:

“I’m so fired up about this hire. Interim President Kabourek has found exactly the right person to lead the Huskers forward. Troy sees what we see – that Nebraska is a special place, with special people, a great vision and the courage to be unabashed about wanting to win across the board. The fact that someone of Troy’s caliber wants to join Team Nebraska will light a fire across our entire department. Let’s go!”

Troy Dannen:

“Joining the Nebraska family is truly an honor. My family and I are humbled by the opportunity to be part of such a proud athletics program, institution, community and state. Growing up in Iowa, I watched a lot of Nebraska football on Saturdays with my family. I’ve spent a lot of time in the state and I’ve found that we share a similar approach to life, work and sports: Work hard, stay humble, compete and expect to win.  

“There is a storied tradition at Nebraska, but more work to be done. I truly believe our best years are ahead of us. I couldn’t be more grateful to Interim President Chris Kabourek for this opportunity. Chris has championed an inspiring vision for excellence across the University of Nebraska and he and I are completely aligned on where Nebraska needs to go in the future. I look forward to doing my part to helping Nebraska win championships across the board, graduate our student-athletes and elevate the world-class reputation of the University of Nebraska. I can’t wait to arrive in Nebraska and get to work.”

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Worth a Look 1
47 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, isn't that nice.

What a douche. It’s like your wife divorces you out of nowhere for a rich Texan and then calls you to tell you that she’s glad you’re dating again. F that guy. I wish he’d keep Nebraska out of his mouth. You’re gone, be gone. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
25 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Maybe Trev thought someone else would be President and bailed. I don't know. Seems like a good hire though. Should help them as they try to regain AAU status 

This is just pure speculation on my part but I wonder if Gold had been in play this whole time but was getting blocked for political reasons. Alberts leaves, the BoR realizes they need to get their poop in a group, pushes forward the guy everyone wanted in the first place.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
28 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Maybe Trev thought someone else would be President and bailed. I don't know. Seems like a good hire though. Should help them as they try to regain AAU status 

I can't imagine Trev bailing just on a hint that someone else was getting the job.  That's a pretty big step for just that.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

This is just pure speculation on my part but I wonder if Gold had been in play this whole time but was getting blocked for political reasons. Alberts leaves, the BoR realizes they need to get their poop in a group, pushes forward the guy everyone wanted in the first place.

Now, that might be possible.  They did get a lot of heat for the President search and it came out that there were two political factions fighting.  

• Plus1 2