Thunderin' Bolts @ Creighton

I'll be honest, not sure how well I can stomach another loss to a team that is 4 f'ing and 7 in their conference. Win the damn game!!! Bolt's radio show last night was pathetically lethargic. Even so, the Huskers look to me as the favorite to win the conference title. Purdue's remaining schedule is brutal. Michigan and Indiana's are both also difficult. Illinois has their toughest games left as well. So, if we don't lose a series, can get a series sweep from Minny or State the Huskers then should win the crown. Fingers crossed!!

As for tonight, WIN THE DANG GAME!!! No excuses NONE!! You want to play in the post season, then win the games you should!!! Hate how pathetic this team and "every" bolt team plays in the mid-weeks. It's inexcusable. Do your job and win!! Oh, did I mention I hate the crybaby jays?

It's Nebraska, players that don't care, staff that doesn't care. They treat midweek games as a glorified practice and it's pathetic. Losing begets Losing! It was so apparent in Bolt's radio show last night. He simply doesn't care about midweek games. He virtually said it. It's almost like Bolt and staff go into midweek knowing they'll lose and he just doesn't care. He throws away any and all chances at hosting as a result. I called the show last night in hopes of asking about it and they wouldn't let me. They did ask me if I had another question to ask though before terminating my call. Total Coddling of Bolt. Scripting the questions. I lost "all" respect for him last night following that call. When a coach screens calls because the caller presents a difficult but honest question... well that shows arrogance and disrespect to the fan base. My question was a simple one. I wanted to ask Bolt if he, like the fans, believes the midweek performances over the last few seasons has cost us 1. a post season and 2. a chance to host. The screener would not allow the question.

• Plus1 2

Strangest thing.  Nebraska can't win a midweek game and Creighton struggles on the weekends.  If Nebraska ends up in the College Station regional I'm going to think it could have been prevented and I would give the side eye to the committee.  Although if the 'Huskers dump the midweek game against SDSU it might really be time to worry.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Strangest thing.  Nebraska can't win a midweek game and Creighton struggles on the weekends.  If Nebraska ends up in the College Station regional I'm going to think it could have been prevented and I would give the side eye to the committee.  Although if the 'Huskers dump the midweek game against SDSU it might really be time to worry.

Last night was just one of those nights with poor def. To start the game.  Are biggest issue is the lack of quality pitchers.  Walsh, who is our #3 has improved, but is inconsistent. Our bullpen, other than a couple guys is far from serviceable.

14 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Poor defense begets offense. A dropped fly ball and a misplayed popup that fell near the shortstop makes a 1-1 game to a 6-1 game for Creighton as they do most of their damage with two outs. The last being a rbi triple that chases Horn from the game. Only 1 run being earned. 

While I agree he should have been out of the inning, You can't give up 5 hits after that. His ERA will say its not his fault and that shows why ERA is useless and WHIP is the true number for pitchers.

it was 1-1 with first and second with no outs 7 pitches into the game, cant let that turn into 6-1.

1 hour ago, Husker Baseball 2025 said:

While I agree he should have been out of the inning, You can't give up 5 hits after that. His ERA will say its not his fault and that shows why ERA is useless and WHIP is the true number for pitchers.

it was 1-1 with first and second with no outs 7 pitches into the game, cant let that turn into 6-1.

Both stats are usefull, you just need to know what they represent.

So damn frustrating we can't win these games.

It blows my mind that Creighton is 11-0 in midweek games and is currently not making the Big East tournament, whereas Nebraska sucks in midweek games, and just moved up(!) in the RPI after last night.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

It blows my mind that Creighton is 11-0 in midweek games and is currently not making the Big East tournament, whereas Nebraska sucks in midweek games, and just moved up(!) in the RPI after last night.

Just a guess, but RPI must consider weekend games being much more important and midweek as being developmental games.