OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

Ya this does suck, and it would be even worse if this started a chain of decommittments on the o-line. If Robinson goes somewhere else then Givens will re-think what he is doing again. I dont think that would happen, but it seemed as if this whole class was jelling even before they got on campus and then something like this happens. I really do think he will end up at Nebraska though. Notre Dame is going to have a horrible year this year and Carr is probably leaving Michigan in the near future. Callahan is here to stay IMO and we have twice the o-line class that either of those schools have coming in. We are going to have a very good year if not great, I think anyway. That will only further make Robinson realize that he made the right decision in the first place. Also looking at the o-line depth he could be a major contributor by his redshirt sophmore maybe even redshirt freshman year, what else could he want?

well, here we go again.......same sh#t, different year. i wish these kids would not jump the gun and hold off before getting everyone's hopes up.

worse part is losing another in state kid.

We haven't lost him yet. I believe he is or he is trying to get in a visit to ND sometime this weekend. Will see how it works out. You also got to believe that some guys named Bryce, Blaine, Baker, Sean and Collins will have something to say about this....

I doubt it's a done deal yet. Rivals only knows so much. He's still a Nebraska kid, and I figure it's still an uphill battle for ND to steal him away. Of course it could happen, but it will be a tough job getting him out of the state. But what do I know?

Man do I hope your right...

one really bad thing about this, is that Gabbert and Trevor have became really good friends, I am not sure if Gabbert will rethink his descion if Robinson goes to ND, but I think if there is a chain reaction Gabbert would be the first to go after Trevor. I really hope he stays N.

Honestly he should leave right now if he wants to. Wouldn't be that big of a loss with all the good offensive lineman we are in very well with. IMO, if and when Robinson leaves the Cornhuskers in the dust, his O-line spot will be taken within a week by another solid commit. Obviously you don't want to lose in-state guys that are this caliber of player, but with the way recruiting goes, I would pull his scholarship offer if I was Callahan and let another offensive lineman take his spot. But I'm no coach and Cally is one of the best recruiters in the country, so I let him make the decisions. ;)

1620 just reported after talking to family and friends, Trevor said he doesn't like all of the attention he is getting from the recuirting process from fans, so quick now one ever mention his name again until signing day.

so we have fans that get excited about recruiting that's scaring him away??

I listened to that first segment and that struck me as odd

This is a free article from Irishillustrated.com

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=690268

Sean Callahan

Special to IrishIllustrated.com

CRETE, Neb. - When Rivals top 100 offensive lineman Trevor Robinson committed to Nebraska back in April, the Omaha (Neb.) Elkhorn product said he was done with the recruiting process.

Robinson wants to be sure of his commitment to Nebraska.

The 6-foot-6, 300 pound Robinson picked the Huskers over offers from Notre Dame and Michigan, but on Tuesday Robinson informed HuskersIllustrated.com that both the Irish and Wolverines are now back in the picture.

At this point, Robinson said he still considers himself a Nebraska commit, but he wants to reconfirm his decision to NU by taking unofficial visits to both South Bend and Ann Arbor later this month.

"I'm not a de-commit," Robinson said from his dorm room at the Doane College lineman camp in Crete. "At this point I still consider myself a Husker and I want to be a Husker.

"The only thing I want to do is reconfirm I made the right decision, so that's why I'm considering taking unofficial visits to both Notre Dame and Michigan again."

Robinson said informed Nebraska offensive line coach Dennis Wagner of his decision to potentially take unofficial visits to Notre Dame and Michigan on Monday night.

Robinson said it was very hard for him to talk with Wagner on Monday and to tell him the news that he may be reconsidering his commitment.

"That was the hardest part by far," Robinson said. "I've always been excited to play for him, and I'm still excited to play for him.

"I just have some second thoughts right now, and I just want to look one last time at Notre Dame and Michigan to feel better about the decision I made."

Robinson said in the past 24 hours his cell phone has blown up, and this is something he never thought he'd have to go through in the recruiting process.

"This is really stressful," Robinson said. "Like I said, I am not a de-commit from Nebraska and I still plan to go to Nebraska. I just want to look things through and make sure I made the right decision."

Robinson said he hasn't set up unofficial visit dates with Notre Dame and Michigan yet, but he plans to iron out all the details with his father after he leaves the Doane lineman camp.

"If I visit Notre Dame and Michigan, it will be sometime in the next two weeks," Robinson said. "I still need to get things figured out more and talk with my dad before I say for sure when the visits will

I'm not worried and i would be kinda getting sick of all the hype surrounding recruiting as well... i think that a lot of people in the state put too much pressure on instate kids... dont get me wrong i would love to have 50 kids from the state on the roster, but let him look at other possibilities... if pedey and co have the facitilities and the staff why would he want to leave...he just wants to have that bachelor party before he gets hitched