OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

If we land Trevor, recruiting a QB this season may become alot easier.

If a QB wants to know how CBC can develop him as a passer, he can point to Gannon, Taylor and possibly Keller.

If a QB wants to know how we will protect him, just show him three top 100 recruits in his class that will be there to protect him.

Gotta love being able to tell guys that!

But I must say, Trevor has me really guessing as to where he will end up. Hope he ends up being apart of a possible awesome recruiting haul this year for Nebraska!

My theory for watching o-lineman is, if they don't stand out, they are doing their job, but if they do stand out, they more than likely just messed up.

I think after watching the Burkes highlight reel, you'll see what he was looking for from Trevor. :bonez

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=627228

Trevor Robinson, the 6-foot-5, 300 pound offensive lineman from Elkhorn Secondary (Neb.) has 10 scholarship offers. He said he favors Notre Dame and Nebraska.

The Irish and Huskers have a slight edge over Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas and Iowa. All six have offered, as well as Texas A&M, North Carolina State, Vanderbilt and Boston College.

"I'd like to see as much as I can," Robinson said. "I want to get a feel for what a regular day for me would be like. I want to see where I'll live, where I'll eat and what my routine will be. Ideally, I'd love to take all my time and all my official visits, but things fill up so quickly that I may not be able too. Right now Nebraska already has three offensive linemen committed and they said they are going to take five. If one more commits, I'll have to think about what I want to do."

Robinson already attended junior days at Kansas, Iowa and Notre Dame.

"Academics are a big thing for me and that's one of the reasons I like Notre Dame," Robinson said. "I love their history and how they are on TV every week. You get a lot of exposure there and they always go to bowl games. Notre Dame can take you places other schools can't."

Despite Robinson's feelings about the Irish, the Huskers are the team that he grew up watching. "I love their tradition," he said. "In the 90's, they won like three titles and I went to a lot of games there as a kid. I love the Tunnel Walk and I just remember how much I liked being there.

"Also, Nebraska is improving every year and they have their eyes set on not only the Big 12, but also a national championship."

The Huskers are only 45 minutes from Robinson's home and he admits he'd rather stay close, but "it's not gonna be the main factor."

The other thing the Irish and Huskers have in common is that they both offered Robinson on September 1, 2006. They were his first two scholarship offers.

Although he's unsure about which camps he's going to attend this summer, Michigan is definitely a possibility. "I actually like playing in colder climate," Robinson said. "I like the coaches and they seem really easy to get a long with."

Another coach that made a good impression on Robinson was Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz. "He's not much of a talker, but his record speaks for itself and everybody really respects him.

"The facilities at Iowa are really nice and I liked the stadium a lot," Robinson said. "The press box and everything there was really nice."

Robinson benches 360 pounds, squats 500 and has a 27-inch vertical jump. "I'm strong and quick for my size," Robinson said. "I take good angles and play smart. I know the defense well. I have good upper body strength too, but I was to improve my core strength. I also want to get faster overall and improve my pass blocking. I need to work on my pocket pass protection."

He reports a 3.8 core GPA and a 28 ACT.

"Academics are a big thing for me and that's one of the reasons I like Notre Dame," Robinson said. "I love their history and how they are on TV every week. You get a lot of exposure there and they always go to bowl games. Notre Dame can take you places other schools can't."

well, even a Nebraska kid gets enticed by the Irish. this one will be hard to keep at home.

That guy could be a politician, he said all the things you want to hear but nothing to make you angry at him.

But I think they may have dropped a few things from his quotes:

"I love their history [of being overrated] and how they are on TV every week [beating up on service academies]. You get a lot of exposure there [on the side lines watching Big Ten Wide Receivers blow past their crappy defense] and they always go to bowl games [and lose]. Notre Dame can take you places other schools can't [like a fully televised sub-.500 season]."

That guy could be a politician, he said all the things you want to hear but nothing to make you angry at him.

But I think they may have dropped a few things from his quotes:

"I love their history [of being overrated] and how they are on TV every week [beating up on service academies]. You get a lot of exposure there [on the side lines watching Big Ten Wide Receivers blow past their crappy defense] and they always go to bowl games [and lose]. Notre Dame can take you places other schools can't [like a fully televised sub-.500 season]."

:rollin:rollin:rollin