From the Minnesota Star Tribune:

The top in-house candidate to replace Tomlin is defensive line coach Karl Dunbar, who has drawn raves for his work with defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Dunbar, 39, has never been a defensive coordinator but served as LSU's assistant head coach/defensive line in 2005.

Other candidates could include Nebraska defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove, whom Childress tried to hire as linebackers coach last season, and Philadelphia Eagles linebackers coach Steve Spagnuolo.

The last defensive coordinator to remain with the Vikings for more than two seasons was Foge Fazio, who resigned in 1999. Since then, five coordinators have come and gone: Emmitt Thomas, Willie Shaw, George O'Leary, Ted Cottrell and Tomlin.

Pelini will never ever happen. Greater chance of Frankie coming back.

And would be just as bad.

Classless ass.

FU SP. On natinal television. Just what we need.

It amazes me that the NFL sees value in Coz and all of our resident gurus hate him. Talent makes the worst coach look good.

I was being sarcastic about Pelini and even McBride. I agree that Pelini is a classless act and I believe that is part of the reason he was not hired here, and I'm happy about it.

Although, is there someone at LSU who fits the Pelini defensive mind mold w/o the personality mold? I don't think anyone can argue that LSU doesn't have a good defense.

You guys all seem to hate Coz and I agree that sometimes our defense just looks bad. But I would honestly want to lose our db coach. You can blame it on coaching but when your players have no energy going on the field and seem like they dont want to get hyped up then look at some of the players. Watching Thenarse jumping up and down screaming on EVERY kickoff is something I'd like to see from our defense. Watch film when Pelini was here. He may have been an ass, but that defense wanted to be on the field. They grouped up and got jacked up before every series.

You know, I have refrained from jumping in on this whole Cosgrove debate, but I am tired of this sh#t. There are three reasons that I can think off offhand that prove that all of you haters are complete idiots who know nothing about football and dare to think that you know more than someone who has been in the business for decades.

1.) There was not a single case of blown coverage in the last three years. Call me out, find a case of a player being abosolutely wide open with no one within ten yards of him. Anyone who wants to get on the Pelini bandwagon should remember a lowly Utah State team, with fairly talented tight end who is now in the NFL, who was the only player to manage to slip down the seam, SEVERAL times with no one within ten yards of him proves that anyone who says that Cosgrove, who doesnt teach d back technique, is to blame for our struggles against the pass.

2.) If you had Cortney Grixby, and Andre Jones, who is completely inexperienced at that level, as cornerbacks, would you be the one to have them play press coverage with no one over the top, basically conceding the touchdown if the reciever cought the ball? No, I thought not. If you noticed from the two years previous to that, we had some pretty talented cornerbacks, and no one complained about our pass defense.

3.) LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Im sorry to say it, but the average high school coach/internet poster knows far less than the average division one level, and even if you are arrogant enough and stupid enough to believe that you know more than coz, consider what opposing coaches say. Mack Brown complemented our defensive scheme, saying that most defenses blitz just to eat up bodies, but that Nebraska blitzed to overload you til you simply couldnt block people, and said that our defense was TOUGH TO DEFEND AGAINST because of that. For someone who controls only the overall scheme of the defense, and the technique of the linebackers, who are the most overacheiving unit on the team and have been for the last few years, this is high praise.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, IT MIGHT JUST STOP YOU FROM BEING STUPID IN FRONT OF ALOT OF PEOPLE.

Never said that I hated Coz, but if our DB's never turn around for the ball then thats bad coaching. I dont care if your 5'8 or 6'0, face guarding is horrible defense. Our guys were always there, granted. But make a play on the ball. If not, then its either going to be caught or pass interference. I know Jones was inexperienced and Grixby is short, but better technique goes a long way.

As far as sounding like an idiot? Sometimes I just cant help myself.

You know, I have refrained from jumping in on this whole Cosgrove debate, but I am tired of this sh#t. There are three reasons that I can think off offhand that prove that all of you haters are complete idiots who know nothing about football and dare to think that you know more than someone who has been in the business for decades.

1.) There was not a single case of blown coverage in the last three years. Call me out, find a case of a player being abosolutely wide open with no one within ten yards of him. Anyone who wants to get on the Pelini bandwagon should remember a lowly Utah State team, with fairly talented tight end who is now in the NFL, who was the only player to manage to slip down the seam, SEVERAL times with no one within ten yards of him proves that anyone who says that Cosgrove, who doesnt teach d back technique, is to blame for our struggles against the pass.

2.) If you had Cortney Grixby, and Andre Jones, who is completely inexperienced at that level, as cornerbacks, would you be the one to have them play press coverage with no one over the top, basically conceding the touchdown if the reciever cought the ball? No, I thought not. If you noticed from the two years previous to that, we had some pretty talented cornerbacks, and no one complained about our pass defense.

3.) LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Im sorry to say it, but the average high school coach/internet poster knows far less than the average division one level, and even if you are arrogant enough and stupid enough to believe that you know more than coz, consider what opposing coaches say. Mack Brown complemented our defensive scheme, saying that most defenses blitz just to eat up bodies, but that Nebraska blitzed to overload you til you simply couldnt block people, and said that our defense was TOUGH TO DEFEND AGAINST because of that. For someone who controls only the overall scheme of the defense, and the technique of the linebackers, who are the most overacheiving unit on the team and have been for the last few years, this is high praise.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, IT MIGHT JUST STOP YOU FROM BEING STUPID IN FRONT OF ALOT OF PEOPLE.

I don't claim to be an expert but I will say it...I don't like COZ. Where has his defenses ranked over the years to include the Badgers....I think those stats will speak for themselves. Now, I am not going to get into this debate after this, so this will be my last post regarding this subject.