Where has his defenses ranked over the years to include the Badgers....I think those stats will speak for themselves.

Yes, they certainly do.

1998, 10.9 PPG #1 in the nation

1999, 12.8 PPG #2 in the nation

Wait, we were supposed to be proving that Coz is teh suck. Drats...

Where has his defenses ranked over the years to include the Badgers....I think those stats will speak for themselves.

Yes, they certainly do.

:clap

Waits for the Big 10 sucks response and the Points Per Game stat is overrated one as well. <_<

You know, I have refrained from jumping in on this whole Cosgrove debate, but I am tired of this sh#t. There are three reasons that I can think off offhand that prove that all of you haters are complete idiots who know nothing about football and dare to think that you know more than someone who has been in the business for decades.

1.) There was not a single case of blown coverage in the last three years. Call me out, find a case of a player being abosolutely wide open with no one within ten yards of him. Anyone who wants to get on the Pelini bandwagon should remember a lowly Utah State team, with fairly talented tight end who is now in the NFL, who was the only player to manage to slip down the seam, SEVERAL times with no one within ten yards of him proves that anyone who says that Cosgrove, who doesnt teach d back technique, is to blame for our struggles against the pass.

2.) If you had Cortney Grixby, and Andre Jones, who is completely inexperienced at that level, as cornerbacks, would you be the one to have them play press coverage with no one over the top, basically conceding the touchdown if the reciever cought the ball? No, I thought not. If you noticed from the two years previous to that, we had some pretty talented cornerbacks, and no one complained about our pass defense.

3.) LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Im sorry to say it, but the average high school coach/internet poster knows far less than the average division one level, and even if you are arrogant enough and stupid enough to believe that you know more than coz, consider what opposing coaches say. Mack Brown complemented our defensive scheme, saying that most defenses blitz just to eat up bodies, but that Nebraska blitzed to overload you til you simply couldnt block people, and said that our defense was TOUGH TO DEFEND AGAINST because of that. For someone who controls only the overall scheme of the defense, and the technique of the linebackers, who are the most overacheiving unit on the team and have been for the last few years, this is high praise.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, IT MIGHT JUST STOP YOU FROM BEING STUPID IN FRONT OF ALOT OF PEOPLE.

Have to agree with you. I thought his defence stepped up big in the big games to keep us in them.

As far as Penili go's, he only wanted 2 things the head coaching job at Nebraska or to grab the first head coaching job that he could get. He would be gone in 1 season if it came up. So why would anyone even want him as a Husker coach again. We have some one who "wants" to be here, why not give him some time to show the fans what he can really do with the right players in place.

GBR!!!

Yes, they certainly do.

Isn't that what counts

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Im sorry to say it, but the average high school coach/internet poster knows far less than the average division one level, and even if you are arrogant enough and stupid enough to believe that you know more than coz, consider what opposing coaches say

Stuckin', now your just being ridiculous :sarcasm

Yes, they certainly do.

:clap

Waits for the Big 10 sucks response and the Points Per Game stat is overrated one as well. <_<

Actually, i had something snarky to say, but they had a good season in '98. I don't know how long cos was coach there, though... just those 2 years?

Overland, I like the respectful disaggredness of your post, so I shall not rant, but I thought that I made it somewhat clear in my post that Coz does not teach d back technique, that is clearly in the realm of elmo. He is the linebackers coach, and NO ONE has complained about them, but somehow having two exploitable corners out there due to injury and lack of depth has become Coz's problem.

Yes, they certainly do.

This is the part where I eat crow because I said I would not get sucked into this debate. I think we all know we can pull stats that will support our own opinion so I will use stats that work in my favor.

TOTAL Defense for Cosgrove.

2006 54th

2005 26th

2004 56th

2003 43rd

2002 63rd

2001 58th

I do hope that Coz stays. I think he believes in the blackshirt culture and he has shown he can game plan against top teams like Texas and Auburn while being handicapped with such a deficient secondary. As I have stated before that was a major factor in the drop off in sacks from the previous year.

I also don't believe Coz will leave for the same reason he didn't go to the Vikings last year. He believes he has much to accomplish here. Sure Brad Childress is a friend but so is Coach Callahan.

Yes, they certainly do.

This is the part where I eat crow because I said I would not get sucked into this debate. I think we all know we can pull stats that will support our own opinion so I will use stats that work in my favor.

TOTAL Defense for Cosgrove.

2006 54th

2005 26th

2004 56th

2003 43rd

2002 63rd

2001 58th

Yes we can. Fact is that Cosgrove has 1 more #1 defense title to his credit than Pelini or McBride. I'm not ignoring the fact that those defenses fell near the middle of the pack, but to have 2 years where you were in the top 2 in points allowed shows that you know what the hell you are doing, IMO. You, and many others, have seemingly ignored this the 40 times I have posted this.