DT/FB Eddie Brown

Most of us saw this one coming.....it would have been a great "get" for NU, but a lot of people on the board knew that as soon as A-M offered he was gone......not surprised.....disappointed yes, but mad...NO

The kid did what he HAD to do.....he couldn't set around with his fingers crossed as other schools filled their classes.....he needed to find a place to sign, if the Aggies didn't offer......this is just SMART recruiting tactics by a young man...... can't blame him.....if he didn't pull the trigger to NU or anywhere else, and AM doesn't call, then he gets left out of some great schools.....Good Luck to Eddie...

I think when a kid commits months in advance in order to get an offer from some other school it can be looked at as "playing the system", but with Brown we are talking about a guy who committed less than a month from signing day and made no bones about his desire to play at A&M. I can't blame him for committing to NU to make sure that he had a schollie somewhere. I don't have any hard fellings towards a kid for this situation.

Brown is about to be an Aggie. Look for him to announce very soon.

Sounds like they missed out on that Bama recruit and Eric Harper (former NU commit) won't qualify so they offered. Maybe they are expecting him to be automatic. Still not confirmed.

His family does want him to stay close to home though. Hopefully, the lack of love shown to him by TAMU will keep him N. But, it doesn't look good.

I thought it was universally known that this kid was going to walk if he got an offer from A&M? I had a feeling once he committed to a Big 12 school, the Aggies would come calling. Oh well, gotta move on. Gotta keep a positive outlook for the next few weeks!!

They came calling because they lost a DL recruit yesterday.

Must be rough having a kid like that in your hip pocket in case you need him. Pardon my crudeness, but I liken that to having that 'guarantee' phone call a guy can make after the bar closes.

I thought it was universally known that this kid was going to walk if he got an offer from A&M? I had a feeling once he committed to a Big 12 school, the Aggies would come calling. Oh well, gotta move on. Gotta keep a positive outlook for the next few weeks!!

If I was Eddie that would actually piss me off more than anything. To me that means he was second place to the other guy and that wouldn't work for me. Eddie your making a big mistake because you were a priority for the Huskers. I don't understand that..................

If I was Eddie that would actually piss me off more than anything. To me that means he was second place to the other guy and that wouldn't work for me. Eddie your making a big mistake because you were a priority for the Huskers. I don't understand that..................

I agree 100%. I hope we have the last laugh on A&M....