I BLEED RED

I almost guarantee nothing big will happen again until the end of the season.

Callahan won't be fired...Callahan won't fire Cozgrove...

I am gonna agree with you here, I think that the major stuff is done for awhile. I think they will be working out some deals and getting the pieces in place so that as soon as the season is over they can make a quick and efficient change. A little different than how SP handled it...... :asshat

I am gonna agree with you here, I think that the major stuff is done for awhile. I think they will be working out some deals and getting the pieces in place so that as soon as the season is over they can make a quick and efficient change. A little different than how SP handled it...... :asshat

wow, i hope so, and let's hope the man leading that change is Mark "Bo" Pelini!!!

I can agree with that. The only thing that should really happen first and foremost is to start developing players. Get some of these guys a few series on the field. It's a great time to give them a shot and see what they can do.

Niles Paul, Meno Holt, Wil Henry, Anthony Blue, give a few snaps to Witt (really, is that so bad?), put Culbert back at IB and give him a few meaningful carries, try him or Mendoza and Helu returning kicks and punts, on and on and on. I'm not saying start these guys, or play them majority of the downs. But give these guys a chance to play on Saturday. Better to make a mistake now while they are young. Allow them develop. And forget the redshirt crap. Save them for what? Burn 'em and play 'em. You wont know if someone is a playmaker if he's standing on the sidelines week after week, watching what we are watching, and just wondering "what did I do wrong to not get consideration for some playing time". They might just bring some fresh air, some excitement and enthusiasm... or life to the field.

Just my two cents. Maybe a buck. GBR!!!

I can agree with that. The only thing that should really happen first and foremost is to start developing players. Get some of these guys a few series on the field. It's a great time to give them a shot and see what they can do.

Niles Paul, Meno Holt, Wil Henry, Anthony Blue, give a few snaps to Witt (really, is that so bad?), put Culbert back at IB and give him a few meaningful carries, try him or Mendoza and Helu returning kicks and punts, on and on and on. I'm not saying start these guys, or play them majority of the downs. But give these guys a chance to play on Saturday. Better to make a mistake now while they are young. Allow them develop. And forget the redshirt crap. Save them for what? Burn 'em and play 'em. You wont know if someone is a playmaker if he's standing on the sidelines week after week, watching what we are watching, and just wondering "what did I do wrong to not get consideration for some playing time". They might just bring some fresh air, some excitement and enthusiasm... or life to the field.

I couldn't agree more...I'd love to see Amukamara returning kicks and punts...even though Grixby has been doing exceptionally well this year

I also would like to see some of the other players get experience and see what they can do and maybe as you say it could bring some enthusiasm and excitement back to the field.

Preach on, brutha!

That's what Osborne said in his PC today.

Osborne said HE wouldn't make changes till the end of the season. That doesn't preclude a resignation.

Both BC and Cosgrove have said they will not resign, but then what people say and what they do are not always the same thing. You never know what else is going on behind the scene.

Personally, BC keeping Cosgrove around makes me think they're both gone at some point, probably season's end and it doesn't matter one way or the other. IF BC had ANY hope of staying I think he'd be smart to get rid of Cosgrove. If we have any talent at all on defense it seems almost anyone could coach well enough to better than allow 500 yards a game. If it is just no talent whatsoever, that is still a coach/recruiting problem.

One thing I'm sort of puzzled about is having an interim AD make the decisions regarding coaching. I'd think the permanent AD would be announcing those kind of final decisions (i.e., hiring new coaches), unless the new AD will be not much more than a "yes man" for whomever is REALLY deciding. You wouldn't hire a bunch of assistants and then hire a coach and tell him to work with what he's given. The coach would be involved in the staff hiring. Likewise, I'd think the new AD would be involved in replacing coaches. Maybe TO doesn't expect to be in the AD position for all that long. Guess we'll see.

Osborne said HE wouldn't make changes till the end of the season. That doesn't preclude a resignation.

Take it for what it's worth, but a source of mine in Lincoln said they (the powers that be) have asked Cally to resign twice, but has declined both times. When, I don't know.....just got a choppy text last night with that info. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Both BC and Cosgrove have said they will not resign, but then what people say and what they do are not always the same thing. You never know what else is going on behind the scene.

Personally, BC keeping Cosgrove around makes me think they're both gone at some point, probably season's end and it doesn't matter one way or the other. IF BC had ANY hope of staying I think he'd be smart to get rid of Cosgrove. If we have any talent at all on defense it seems almost anyone could coach well enough to better than allow 500 yards a game. If it is just no talent whatsoever, that is still a coach/recruiting problem.

One thing I'm sort of puzzled about is having an interim AD make the decisions regarding coaching. I'd think the permanent AD would be announcing those kind of final decisions (i.e., hiring new coaches), unless the new AD will be not much more than a "yes man" for whomever is REALLY deciding. You wouldn't hire a bunch of assistants and then hire a coach and tell him to work with what he's given. The coach would be involved in the staff hiring. Likewise, I'd think the new AD would be involved in replacing coaches. Maybe TO doesn't expect to be in the AD position for all that long. Guess we'll see.

I think the plan is to have TO in the interim AD position for a couple of years. He did say that he was going to stay in the interim role until HE felt the program was on solids ground again. To me I see it as TO being the AD for about 2-3 years and then mentor someone into the fulltime AD position like Remmington. That's just my take...we'll see. Either way, PUD is OUT and TO is IN!!!! :woo