I BLEED RED

John Fricke on Fox Sports broke the orginal story as he said he had confirmation from 4 different sources within the program. However he didn't elaborate who they were. Apparently something happened and the deal fell through. I think I Bleed Red said this whole thing may not take place until after the Texas game anyway if I remember correctly. The bad thing about all of this is that it may allow for some decent recruits to go elsewhere unless NU starts being honest with them on what is really going to happen.

Have you heard anything new? And what TO said about waiting till the end of the season didnt match what you said about BC and Coz being gone soon. Is there something there we dont know?

thanks you have been awesome so far

I am sure he'll post when he has some "information".

have you eer thought about what a absurd screen name that is? I bleed red??? most people do.....

anyway, as much as I would like to be skeptical of him, I have to say that he has been pretty accurate.

He is sadly mistaken about some important things. Namely all that crap about the coaches being replaced soon.

C'mon, folks, face the reality of T.O. holding to his word to us that this season is BC and his coaching staff's season to "be held accountable."

The remainder of the season.

This "bleed red" person is a bit of a rumor monger, imo. :)

Coaches will not get fired until after the CU game, IMO. I don't have any insiders, but that makes the most sense.

Stating the obvious, but a few more blowouts like the last two week may force his hand. IMO

I doubt that even blowouts would cause a midseason firing. BC is hear until after the season, possibly longer. Even though TO was brought in, as far as anyone knows, it was only to replace the AD not Callahan. TO may come to the conclusion that only new defensive personel are needed. If we come out the remainder of the games and score points, then BC's job may be safe. A defensive staff with some creativeness, coaching ability, and motivation skills could go a long ways. BC will have to impress the $hit out of TO though, for BC is not an appendage of TOs like he was PUD.

That don't mean that they won't feel the pressure to resign....that way it looks as if it were their idea, not TO or the University.

Nobody wants to be where they are not wanted. You can bet that there are some negotiations going on as we speak.

No matter what you say, BC has handled all of this with some class, he is not lashing back at the nay sayers. He knows he is on his way out, and he is probably trying to take the best face saving way to do it. Can you blame the guy?

I am surprised that Cosgrove hasn't fallen on the sword to try to save BC in a way...but then you don't really know what his personal situation is either, or if this thing is being negotiated as a group deal. There is a lot we don't know, and probably some that we will never know.

As far as new coaches...that is totally up in the air too. Be careful what you wish for...I remember when BC was brought in there was those that thought he was the mesiah that was going to lead us into the future from the old style of football that had always been played at Nebraska and was seemingly falling to the wayside in its effectiveness.

I really wish people would quit getting so personal with these guys. They came in here thinking, as we all did, that they could make their program work...but I don't think they really realized that they are dealing with kids, not pro's. So then they had to immediately "dumb" the program down some, but probably still had too much in the play book. They are also having to deal with the reality of limitations on scholarships, which is bringing the parity that everyone so desired but the big boys in college football. How many of these big boys have lost to schools that were "give me's" only a few years ago. These smaller schools are now getting more talent, because the big schools cannot give everyone a scholarship, and most of these kids can't afford to go to a big university, especially if it is out of state.

There is a lot going on...and I will be the first to tell you right now, that no matter who they bring in, things will NEVER be like they were in the glory days...parity took care of that for everyone. If Nebraska is going to keep it's tradition, we better start getting behind the players and the coaches, even when there are hard times, like it or not. We will have seasons where we may barely play .500 ball, and there may even come a time when we won't even make that mark. So, will everyone just jump on the bandwagon and yell for the coaches head, or the QB to be benched? If you are true Husker fan, you will give them some rope.

I believe that BC and crew have been given opportunity to implement the program they believed in...and it failed...for the reasons stated above. It is obvious that the Husker Nation is not willing to give any more latitude to this group of coaches...therefore the only thing to do is get rid of them. How much time will we be willing to give the next coach? If we keep sending them down the road when we have what some schools accept for a good year (ala Solich) we will not find many quality people that want to take a chance on ruining their career with a fan base that is so fickle or boosters that demand so much control over the program for a few bucks.

There are a lot of problems here that if the University and TO don't address immediately in the right ways, the next coach, whoever they are is destined to fail, no matter what the talent is that is recruited in. Remember....you are dealing with young kids here...most of which will never see even camp for an NFL team. Kids lack good judgement sometimes...they get lazy at others...and they need a lot of motivation. If the coaches are not motivated, or have a good work ethic, or demonstrate good judgement, how can we expect these kids to do it?

Everyone needs to take a step back and take a deep breath...and knock off all the personal attacks. We still have some of the season to play, and a responsibility to support this team. If you can't do that, you are not a true Husker fan...you are only a fair weather fan.

Coaches will not get fired until after the CU game, IMO. I don't have any insiders, but that makes the most sense.

Stating the obvious, but a few more blowouts like the last two week may force his hand. IMO

I doubt that even blowouts would cause a midseason firing. BC is hear until after the season, possibly longer. Even though TO was brought in, as far as anyone knows, it was only to replace the AD not Callahan. TO may come to the conclusion that only new defensive personel are needed. If we come out the remainder of the games and score points, then BC's job may be safe. A defensive staff with some creativeness, coaching ability, and motivation skills could go a long ways. BC will have to impress the $hit out of TO though, for BC is not an appendage of TOs like he was PUD.

Most inportantly is these players know between now and the CU game, their coach's job and the rest of the coaching staff's jobs depend on how well they play. There is a lot riding on their shoulders. Can they really play with inspiration and fire this weekend?

Right now Husker Nation has to start praising and supporting them for every positive thing they do on that feild this weekend and every game after that. If they convert on 3rd down or when a defensive player runs after the other team player with the ball. Fans need to show their support. :restore

Read the lastest article form the Daily Nebraskan. If the quotes in that article are real then I have lost complete respect for Callahan.

Most inportantly is these players know between now and the CU game, their coach's job and the rest of the coaching staff's jobs depend on how well they play. There is a lot riding on their shoulders. Can they really play with inspiration and fire this weekend?

Right now Husker Nation has to start praising and supporting them for every positive thing they do on that feild this weekend and every game after that. If they convert on 3rd down or when a defensive player runs after the other team player with the ball. Fans need to show their support. :restore