Chances at CU?

HANC

If...and I do mean if the Red truly has gotten their mojo back, Colorado is in BIG trouble. Otherwise it's gonna be a looooong offseason.

Whoever loses this game is going to be in for a long offseason. I'm already getting incredibly sick of these so-called Buffs "fans" that have been coming out of the woodwork this week blaming 31 unanswered Iowa State points and 2 consecutive unbelievably bad officiating gaffes on Hawkins deciding to go for it on a 4th and 1. Rational thinking within fandom prevails once again!

Quick question: Since my Buffs had to deal with Clete Blakeman and his treachery last week, do you think there's any way Hawkins could convince the Big XII to appoint Koy Detmer or Bobby Pesavento as the head official for the CU/NU game? It's only fair... :lol:

After watching the clips of the CU/ISU game...I can't even imagine how upset and cheated I would feel. I can't imagine making two last-minute field goals...only to have them nullified.

That being said...I also think that CU fans, or anyone for that matter, blaming this on a Nebraska resident/referee (Blakeman) is downright pathetic.

If...and I do mean if the Red truly has gotten their mojo back, Colorado is in BIG trouble. Otherwise it's gonna be a looooong offseason.

Whoever loses this game is going to be in for a long offseason. I'm already getting incredibly sick of these so-called Buffs "fans" that have been coming out of the woodwork this week blaming 31 unanswered Iowa State points and 2 consecutive unbelievably bad officiating gaffes on Hawkins deciding to go for it on a 4th and 1. Rational thinking within fandom prevails once again!

Quick question: Since my Buffs had to deal with Clete Blakeman and his treachery last week, do you think there's any way Hawkins could convince the Big XII to appoint Koy Detmer or Bobby Pesavento as the head official for the CU/NU game? It's only fair... :lol:

First off let me say I am in no-way shape or form a person that usually defends CU, but those calls were absolutely awful. The Buffs should have won that game. That said, we still have Coz heading our D, so I think we will be giving you enough help.

CU would have only tied the game if either field goal had been allowed. Hard to say how it would have gone in OT.

If Nebraska keeps rolling like they have the last couple weeks then I think Nebraska has a good chance to beat Colorado. I'll say 27-21.

I had not thought about it that way till I read your post. The Huskers have been putting up some good numbers on offense the last 3 weeks. Defense still giving up the big plays, just not as often. We have a good chance as long as the turn overs are not at a crucial moment or to many of them. Could be a nail biter.

31-28 :bonez

GBR!!!

Honestly, I think it's hard to predict this game. No one would have thought our offense would click like it did last week. No one would have have thought our defense would play inspired like they did, holding KSU to 10 pts in the first half. My point is, realistically, do we know which NU team is going to show up? I'm very comfortable with Ganz it QB, love it actually. He can do things with his feet and seems to be able to make secondary reads Keller couldn't. I'm not sold on the defense, I'm not sure Cos can get his head far enough out of his arse to scheme up something to stop CU's offense. This game could very well be a CU blowout, a NU blowout or a 62-60 3 OT game. Call me a homer, but I think NU, with a bowl game looming and the knowledge of ridding themselves of the cancer that is BC & KC shortly after the game, take this one by 10.

First off let me say I am in no-way shape or form a person that usually defends CU, but those calls were absolutely awful. The Buffs should have won that game. That said, we still have Coz heading our D, so I think we will be giving you enough help.

CU would have only tied the game if either field goal had been allowed. Hard to say how it would have gone in OT.

Truth, but I would have liked our chances in overtime (especially having just scored 10 points in the last 3 minutes of the game). The Buffs got absolutely screwed by this Blakeman character, here's hoping the players are better at letting go of that game than I am.

Whine whine whine...that's all the Buttaloos are good at. "Oooooh we got screwed at the end of a game where we were favored by a touchdown and had a 21 point lead at half and then pissed it away....Wah!"

First, if you would have played a better game, maybe you wouldn't have had to worry about trying to set up for a field goal with 1 second left in the game. Second, it's a fact that the refs have to be set before a play can start. I saw the same thing happen in a later game with KU. They had a completed pass called back because they were running their Indy offense and snapped the ball before the refs were set. Same result...ball came back and the play was started over. Third...once the refs are set, the clock starts. If you can't get the ball centered in a second...too bad. Game over.

Face it...if the Buffs expended as much effort playing as they do complaining they would be the Big 12 champs every year. What's your spring conditioning drills consist of....running around looking for someone to blame? No wonder you play like a bunch of babies at the end of the season

Huskers are going to stomp the Buffs...and I'm gonna laugh.

CU really isn't that great of a team, much like NU.

I think NU coming off it's game against KSU is a benefit for NU. I am sure a little bit of confidence has been gained from that.

While CU did lose to ISU, they never really have an issue getting up for an NU game thanks to Barnett and the wonderful CU student section. DJR informed me that NU hasn't lost in Boulder since 2001

Truth, but I would have liked our chances in overtime (especially having just scored 10 points in the last 3 minutes of the game). The Buffs got absolutely screwed by this Blakeman character, here's hoping the players are better at letting go of that game than I am.

Your team gave up a 21pt lead, allowed ISU to score 31 unanswered points and your going to blame the refs for the loss? This reeks of Leach'ism <_<

Personally I think that Nebraska has the same chance to beat CU than they have any other team they've played this season. We have seen our Huskers do some good things this year, i.e. last Saturday. But there are to many variables that need to be on to make this team really kick ass: coaching, play calling, players, etc... Lets hope they go out and make the Buffs look silly and not make this season worse than it already has been. But as far as a percentage chance of NU winning this game it is %RANDOM%

Both teams have a chance at a bowl, so it wouldn't surprise me if this game goes the full four quarters. The team with the best field position, the least turnovers, and the fewest penalties will win. I expect CU will be at its A game. But it's quite possible NU will too. Could be NU's biggest dog fight this season.

Considering both schools are going into this game looking to become bowl eligible and the fact this is CU's final home game for the Seniors, I look for CU to come out swinging hard. This is gonna be a tough game IMO. If the same NU team that struggled against Ball St and got throttled by KU and MU shows up in Boulder, it's not going to be pretty. If the NU team that dismantled KSU shows up, it could be a nice win NU.

This game should be a close one. Both teams vying for a bowl bid and it is in Boulder which is always a difficult place to play when fans are throwing snowballs and whatever else they can at the opposition......However just because it should be a good game is reason enough to think it will be a blow out in either direction. Unfortunately NU has not shown up in a game where they have had to all year i.e USC, Missery, ATM. CU on the other hand beat OU. I think our boys lay down and we probably get smacked 42-21. Get ready for a long off season.

It's the same kind of question as the one about Mizzou and KU. On one side, you have a big talent advantage. On the other side, you have a huge coaching advantage. The same CU team that clawed and fought back being down to OU to win the game did a complete 180 against Iowa State. I have no idea who will win this game. I think the winner of the game will be the one that grabs the momentum first. I think both teams are a bit fragile with NU's psychi being even more fragile. CU has played extremely tough at home which scares the crap out of me. If KU would happen to go undefeated this year, it will make CU's home record look even that more impressive.

I think the best thing for the Huskers is to prepare them to play all out with confidence and nothing to lose.

And it was actually Bill McCartney (promise keepers guy) that started the whole rivalry when he became the coach. He said CU didnt have a rival when he got there. So he pointed towards NU, circled it in red, and wouldnt even let his players ever wear anything red. The heated torch was then passed on to Rick Neuheisel, then to Gary Barnett. I'm not sure if they are allowed to wear red since McCartney, but they did continue the rival and big time hate towards NU.