Dave Kennedy is out

Let's just bring back the King... Boyd Eppley :woo

Boyd is behind the times. He is part of the reason there was the downfall of CU, Miami, the whole 02 season and the butt-kickings in 03.

Kennedy was supposed to be pretty good and he is a Nebraska guy. I was pretty let down with the results of the last few years, so a change must have been needed.

Boyd was on coasting speed at the end, and he was just waiting for retirement to come.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...7d307741441.txt

The 47-year-old Kennedy graduated from Nebraska in 1985 and assisted in NU’s strength department under Boyd Epley from 1982-88.

He moved on to become the head strength coach at Ohio State (1989-2001) and Pittsburgh (2002-03), impressing the likes of Callahan and Pederson along the way.

While he was the head coach of the Oakland Raiders, Callahan tried to hire Kennedy.

He failed in that attempt, but got his man in 2004 when Kennedy followed Steve Pederson from Pittsburgh to Nebraska.

If I'm reading this right, Kennedy was here when we went from the scoring explosion to getting pushed around by Oklahoma, Miami, and Syracuse (WTF?) among others.

He goes to Ohio State (at the same time Bo was there) and helps with the transformation of a team full of slow white guys into a team full of "slow black guys" that gets pushed around by Penn State, Michigan, and Illinois.

Gets dumped along with the rest of the staff after a blow-out loss to South Carolina in which the former Mr. Ohio outscores Ohio State.

Resurfaces at Pittsburgh where the football team is pretty much mediocre the whole time, but impresses enough to get him back to Nebraska where he helps the staff set several records.

Now I have no idea how much the S&C coach contributes to the results on the field but considering 2 of the 3 schools he's worked for have won NCs after he left and all 3 have been disappointing while he's been there, you start thinking this guy is really unlucky or maybe he's missing something that another S&C might contribute.

Of course four years ago I thought he sounded like a great hire so what the heck do I know.

:dunno

Yup,

This is the same Dave Kennedy who worked as a Assistant Strength Coach under Boyd Eppley, who went on to Ohio State and was thanked BY NAME by Eddie George when George won the Heisman. He also helped numerous Players at Ohio State prepare for the NFL. Dave Kennedy brought some good to Pittsburgh in the 2002 and 2003 season.

I guess Dave Kennedy only conditioned the Nebraska Football Team, so his career at Nebraska is a bust. Oh wait, Being the Strength and Conditioning Coach, he might have something to do with the Volleyball team (Then again the Volleyball team didn't win Back to Back this year, so there is a major bust), The Basketball team (Who just upset Oregon), and The Baseball team not to mention other sports.

I'm not trying to read to much into people's posts, but in all honesty, I feel like we're trying to point fingers here until everyone that was hired by Bill Callahan or was a part of the Callahan era is gone there isn't going to be satisfaction.

I wish Kennedy well and hope he has unlimited Success in the future.

I'll get off my Soap Box now.

Yup,

This is the same Dave Kennedy who worked as a Assistant Strength Coach under Boyd Eppley, who went on to Ohio State and was thanked BY NAME by Eddie George when George won the Heisman. He also helped numerous Players at Ohio State prepare for the NFL. Dave Kennedy brought some good to Pittsburgh in the 2002 and 2003 season.

I guess Dave Kennedy only conditioned the Nebraska Football Team, so his career at Nebraska is a bust. Oh wait, Being the Strength and Conditioning Coach, he might have something to do with the Volleyball team (Then again the Volleyball team didn't win Back to Back this year, so there is a major bust), The Basketball team (Who just upset Oregon), and The Baseball team not to mention other sports.

I'm not trying to read to much into people's posts, but in all honesty, I feel like we're trying to point fingers here until everyone that was hired by Bill Callahan or was a part of the Callahan era is gone there isn't going to be satisfaction.

I wish Kennedy well and hope he has unlimited Success in the future.

I'll get off my Soap Box now.

Shows how much you are the real dave as laura always handled the volleyball team, mike and fish worked with the baseball team, Brian the track and field team, and wresting and basketball aren't even in the same building.