CB Gabe Lynn

Player: Gabe Lynn

Hometown: Jenks, OK

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 179

40 time: 4.54

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report: :star :star :star :star

Assessing the talent: He is a pretty darn good CB.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% This is Phillip Dillard's little brother. This one maybe tough to get. He is currently being pursued by John Blake. On a positive note, he loves Bo Pelini's Defense at LSU!

Offers so far: Nebraska and NC.

As an interesting aside, rivals had an interview with him, and he mentioned that Phillip really likes the new coaches. Several people have brought up some sort of conflict between Pelini and Dillard from back during recruiting. But Lynn gives the impression that it's water under the bridge and PD is excited about the new coaches.

• 1 month later...

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 14, 2008. PREP STAR

GABE LYNN, DB, 6-1, 180, 4.4, TULSA (JENKS), OKLAHOMA

Gabe has offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Missouri, North Carolina and Kansas State.

“I’m going to North Carolina Junior Day’s this weekend.” said Lynn, “Coach John Blake is recruiting me, he’s a cool guy.”

“Coach Blake told me that I could play early there, just show up and I will have a spot. Coach Butch Davis and John are both from the Tulsa area.”

“Phillip Dillard (Nebraska) is my brother.” he said, “He just tells me do what is best for me. I do like Nebraska game day atmosphere. The program is pretty cool; it’s all about football there.”

“Nebraska coaches can’t call recruits, I haven’t called them yet.”

“Coach Pelini has been successful every place he has been, Nebraska, Oklahoma and LSU. His defenses are always ranked high.”

“I like Oklahoma, its close to home.” said Lynn, “I grew up hearing about the Sooners, it’s been a part of my life.”

“I call the coaches (Oklahoma) all the time and they are reaching out to me. They tell me things I need to know.”

“I like Oklahoma State, its only a one hour 45 minute drive. I like the staff their too.” said Lynn, “OSU program is coming up, they are getting closer every year.”

“Oklahoma State is spending lots of money on their facilities, stadium and new weight room.”

“I don’t have any favorites right now, I’m wide open.” he said, “I would like to decide before the season starts, but I don’t want to force anything.”

Gabe added that he will attend Nike camp in Texas next month and will camp at Oklahoma and Nebraska this summer.

• 2 weeks later...