CB Gabe Lynn

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 14, 2008. PREP STAR

GABE LYNN, DB, 6-1, 180, 4.4, TULSA (JENKS), OKLAHOMA

Gabe has offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Missouri, North Carolina and Kansas State.

“I’m going to North Carolina Junior Day’s this weekend.” said Lynn, “Coach John Blake is recruiting me, he’s a cool guy.”

“Coach Blake told me that I could play early there, just show up and I will have a spot. Coach Butch Davis and John are both from the Tulsa area.”

“Phillip Dillard (Nebraska) is my brother.” he said, “He just tells me do what is best for me. I do like Nebraska game day atmosphere. The program is pretty cool; it’s all about football there.”

“Nebraska coaches can’t call recruits, I haven’t called them yet.”

“Coach Pelini has been successful every place he has been, Nebraska, Oklahoma and LSU. His defenses are always ranked high.”

“I like Oklahoma, its close to home.” said Lynn, “I grew up hearing about the Sooners, it’s been a part of my life.”

“I call the coaches (Oklahoma) all the time and they are reaching out to me. They tell me things I need to know.”

“I like Oklahoma State, its only a one hour 45 minute drive. I like the staff their too.” said Lynn, “OSU program is coming up, they are getting closer every year.”

“Oklahoma State is spending lots of money on their facilities, stadium and new weight room.”

“I don’t have any favorites right now, I’m wide open.” he said, “I would like to decide before the season starts, but I don’t want to force anything.”

Gabe added that he will attend Nike camp in Texas next month and will camp at Oklahoma and Nebraska this summer.

Is that how Coach Blake gets recruits? Just show up. I don't like that philosophy. I want someone who shows up and works their tail off and earns their spot.

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 14, 2008. PREP STAR

GABE LYNN, DB, 6-1, 180, 4.4, TULSA (JENKS), OKLAHOMA

Gabe has offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Missouri, North Carolina and Kansas State.

“I’m going to North Carolina Junior Day’s this weekend.” said Lynn, “Coach John Blake is recruiting me, he’s a cool guy.”

“Coach Blake told me that I could play early there, just show up and I will have a spot. Coach Butch Davis and John are both from the Tulsa area.”

“Phillip Dillard (Nebraska) is my brother.” he said, “He just tells me do what is best for me. I do like Nebraska game day atmosphere. The program is pretty cool; it’s all about football there.”

“Nebraska coaches can’t call recruits, I haven’t called them yet.”

“Coach Pelini has been successful every place he has been, Nebraska, Oklahoma and LSU. His defenses are always ranked high.”

“I like Oklahoma, its close to home.” said Lynn, “I grew up hearing about the Sooners, it’s been a part of my life.”

“I call the coaches (Oklahoma) all the time and they are reaching out to me. They tell me things I need to know.”

“I like Oklahoma State, its only a one hour 45 minute drive. I like the staff their too.” said Lynn, “OSU program is coming up, they are getting closer every year.”

“Oklahoma State is spending lots of money on their facilities, stadium and new weight room.”

“I don’t have any favorites right now, I’m wide open.” he said, “I would like to decide before the season starts, but I don’t want to force anything.”

Gabe added that he will attend Nike camp in Texas next month and will camp at Oklahoma and Nebraska this summer.

Is that how Coach Blake gets recruits? Just show up. I don't like that philosophy. I want someone who shows up and works their tail off and earns their spot.

it certainly makes you wonder...

Maybe we are misinterpreting his statement. He didn't say he'd be guaranteed a starting spot.

It also makes me wonder that if we aren't misinterpreting, what does it mean if Gabe Lynn warms to that idea...on the one hand, you can't blame him, on the other...

At least Dillard is only a Jr and would be here to help him through his first year which would be his toughest probably. I won't get to excited about recruiting until the season starts because if Bo can get his defense up to a high level and the offense stays somewhat like last year recruits will want to come here.

If Blake is able to lock him up, he'll stick to his commit. Blake and Lynn's family became pretty close after Philip's recruitment.

Stoops just does not lose recruits for the most part, especially in-state guys he really wants. If he locks him up, it would take a miracle to get him to even re-think his commit.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...