CB Gabe Lynn

Guys, I think he meant that the other kids at NU's football camp did not provide a good level of competition. When I was in high school, I attended NU's football camp for a couple years, and the talent level that you competed against while at camp was quite variable from year to year and from session to session.

I think Gabe was simply saying that the other kids at NU's camp did not provide as much of a challenge as some of the other competition he has seen at other schools' camps. It's not a comment on the current state of our team's DBs.

Guys, I think he meant that the other kids at NU's football camp did not provide a good level of competition. When I was in high school, I attended NU's football camp for a couple years, and the talent level that you competed against while at camp was quite variable from year to year and from session to session.

I think Gabe was simply saying that the other kids at NU's camp did not provide as much of a challenge as some of the other competition he has seen at other schools' camps. It's not a comment on the current state of our team's DBs.

Yeah that is what I was referring to. He kinda made it sound like it was a waste of time since he didn't have any "real competition" up here at Nebraska! I know he is great and all but if this is the kind of attitude he brings...he can go somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=772142

"I'm hoping to set up my top five sometime early during the season," cornerback Gabe Lynn said. "I want a good coaching staff and have a good relationship with my position coach. I also want to be on a nice campus and where they have great facilities. Ideally, I'd rather not be in the middle of nowhere. But as long as I'm comfortable and feel at home, I'll go anywhere..." :-\

Gabe Lynn, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound five-star cornerback from Jenks High School in Okla., has over 30 scholarship offers, and continues to deny a favorite.

"I'm hoping to set up my top five sometime early during the season," Lynn said. "I want a good coaching staff and have a good relationship with my position coach. I also want to be on a nice campus and where they have great facilities.

"Ideally, I'd rather not be in the middle of nowhere," he said. "But as long as I'm comfortable and feel at home, I'll go anywhere."

Lynn, ranked as the No. 2 cornerback in the country by Scout.com, attended summer camps at Arkansas, Oklahoma State, North Carolina and Nebraska.

"The Nebraska camp was good," he said. "I got to meet with the coaches and a few players too. The defense is going to be totally different. They said they are going to play much more physical and I just really like the enthusiasm and energy of the new coaches. I thought they had a pretty good team last year, but couldn't deliver so I expect them to do pretty well this season."

Arkansas is another program that Lynn likes with new coaches. "I like the coaches there a lot," Lynn said. "They all seem like good guys and I really like that coach Bobby Petrino and (assistant coach) Lorenzo Ward. They both coached in the NFL and they know what it takes to make it at that level."

The school that is recruiting Lynn the hardest is USC. "They write me everyday," he said. "I'm being recruited by coach Ken Norton and he emails me all the time.

"Coach Norton says that it's a good opportunity for me to play because they are gonna be thin at corner next year," he said. "Plus at USC you can meet all kinds of great people and make some great connections for life."

He hasn't visited the Trojans yet, but they will likely get an official visit during the season.

Another school that Lynn will likely visit is Texas. "They have a lot of tradition," he said. "They always have a great defense and they are known for producing great cornerbacks every year. I really like the Big 12 and they have a great rivalry with Oklahoma, which is another school I like that has good tradition.

"I'm anxious to see Oklahoma this season because they are always a top team," he said. "This might be the year they can win it all."

Lynn admits he's a huge college football fan. "On Saturdays that's all that I do," he said. "I'll be watching all these teams closely this season to see how they do and how they play. I'm especially interested to see their defense."

One team that Lynn admits he's curious to see play is North Carolina. "They've been putting together some pretty good recruiting classes the past few years," he said. "Hopefully they'll be able to put it together on the field.

"I really like the campus at North Carolina," he said. "And the people I met were some of the coolest guys around."

Lynn's offer list reads like a who's who of college football, including defending national champion LSU. "They are the champions so what's not to like?" he said. "They have a great defense and are a very defense-minded team. I've also heard that it's a great atmosphere for football."

Some of the other schools that have offered Lynn are Michigan, Miami, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas A&M and Texas Tech, among others.

Lynn reports a 2.9 core GPA and a 19 ACT.