SIGNED: OT Jeremiah Sirles

huskerfan500

was at his game tonight...he was physically the biggest player on either team. he would switch back and forth between right and left tackle, but his main position was on the left side. they always ran to his side, and even tried to get him out in space to block for screens. he did poorly with this, he is slow getting to blocks and usually didn't even hit anyone as the backs would just run by him...ran the play about 5 times in the game.

he looked decent tonight but i think it was because he was just bigger than anyone else...he was slow, hardly moves his feet, and stand straight up right off the snap....he could be good with some coaching but i think a lot of coaching.

i was talking to one of his coaches fathers and mentioned to me that he thinks he will end up at oregon so we'll see....

was at his game tonight...he was physically the biggest player on either team. he would switch back and forth between right and left tackle, but his main position was on the left side. they always ran to his side, and even tried to get him out in space to block for screens. he did poorly with this, he is slow getting to blocks and usually didn't even hit anyone as the backs would just run by him...ran the play about 5 times in the game.

he looked decent tonight but i think it was because he was just bigger than anyone else...he was slow, hardly moves his feet, and stand straight up right off the snap....he could be good with some coaching but i think a lot of coaching.

i was talking to one of his coaches fathers and mentioned to me that he thinks he will end up at oregon so we'll see....

Has been the rumor for a while.

But Sirles is also coming off of an ACL injury. So getting in space and running right now would be difficult. Especially for a HS kid who is 300lbs who does not get the type of therapy he really needs to recover.

As noted elsewhere, ESPN says:

Sirles set to announce later this week

Bear Creek (Denver, Colo.) offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles is done with his official visits and will make his college commitment in just a few short days.

Sirles took visits to Arizona State, Nebraska and Oregon and has narrowed his choices to the Cornhuskers and Ducks.

"I'm going to announce it this Friday," Sirles said. "I'm not going to do anything fancy and I don't have a press conference planned or anything.

"I'm just going to call the coaches and let them know what I'm doing. At this point, I'm still trying to decide. They're both great schools and I know I can't go wrong at either place."