Player:Stepfan Taylor

Hometown: Mansfield, Texas

Position: RB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Notre Dame, Stanford, Texas A&M

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Florida, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Stanford Texas A&M, Texas, Auburn, LSU

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star #146 Overall

Big Red Report: :star

Assessing the talent:

Personal Opinion- Hits the sideline hard. Once he gets open field he becomes a beast. Hes hard to tackle, shifty, and has good vision. Could be used as a PR or KR. Doesnt look like a between the tackle, short yardage back.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% No offer from NU yet as far as I know.

• 1 month later...

He now has Husker offer. Below is from Husker Journal:

MAY 12, 2008. PREP STAR

STEPFAN TAYLOR, RB, 5-11, 200, 4.4, MANSFIELD, TEXAS

Stepfan has offers from Notre Dame, TCU, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Kansas, Stanford, Arizona, Houston, Louisville, and Wisconsin.

“Coach Beck (Nebraska) offered me over the phone but not a written letter.” said Taylor, “Coach Beck said they sent it in the mail but I didn’t get it. I haven’t had a chance to get back to them about it.”

“I’m interested in Nebraska. I would like to make it up there this summer.” he said

“Texas A&M Junior Day’s were nice.” said Taylor, “I liked the campus, the coaches are pretty cool. A&M coaches told me I could play early if I’m ready, if not I would have to redshirt. ”

“The coaches (Texas A&M), said I’m a pounder running back.”

“TCU (Junior Day’s) was a nice it’s close to home. It was OK.” said Taylor.

“Notre Dame told me they like me a lot. Notre Dame coaches said they are taking two running backs and it’s who ever commits first.” he said.

“Stanford is a good education. I don’t know much about them. I will probably visit them to see what it is like. Stanford sends me letters every day.” said Taylor

“I will probably visit Florida.” he said, “I see them on TV. I would like to check them out.”

“Minnesota sends running backs in the NFL. I get a lot of mail from them. I’m going to try to make it up there.”

“I don’t have any favorites right now. I would like to visit Stanford, Minnesota and Florida for now.”

so this kid has a *lot* of options.

what i find refreshing about this kid is that he actually comes out and says, "standford has a good education." this could mean that he is actually thinking *outside* and has academics on the mind.

if that's the case, nebraska can compete. of course, with notre dame in the mix, it's all up for grabs.

so this kid has a *lot* of options.

what i find refreshing about this kid is that he actually comes out and says, "standford has a good education." this could mean that he is actually thinking *outside* and has academics on the mind.

if that's the case, nebraska can compete. of course, with notre dame in the mix, it's all up for grabs.

If that's what he actually said, he needs some more education. :)

j/k

• 2 weeks later...

Hey if Stanford is an option at-least you know the kid studies and academics won't be an issue.

ND already committed a 5*-guy in Cierre Wood and a 4* in Theo Riddick. Why would a kid accept an offer knowing he has to beat-out those two for a starting-job and ND doesn't redshirt?

Personally, I don't see why recruits are overlooking Charlie's '07 trainwreck and assuming everything is all-good. THEY LOST TO SERVICE ACADEMIES, not a guy on AF or Navy would have gotten a sniff from ND coming out of high school. :wtf

because......it NOTRE DAME........the media darlings of College Football!

you play on TV no matter how bad you are...... :koolaid2:

Thats why I can't stand Notre Dame.......go 2-7 and they still have a deal with NBC. Hell even when they were a crappy team in the Late 90's early 00' they were crap and were still aired on NBC every Saturday.

• 2 months later...