SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

I think they should still go after McBurse cuz I don't think Robinson is all that great, on the rivals films anyway.

I could accept if the coaches had stayed after McBurse but I think there were other spots they felt had to be filled. In hindsight they probably wish they had McBurse instead or Robinson or Zimmerer. But the deal is done, can't be burning bridges and creating ill-will by backing-off a commit. Trinity has Div1 guys every year, that is a place we need ties to. Gotta be happy that we got a stud in Burkhead and move-on.

I think they should still go after McBurse cuz I don't think Robinson is all that great, on the rivals films anyway.

Watch out, I got bashed/MOD warned for posting something very similar to this on another thread.

McBurse is a January kid. He probably already has his Purdue papers ready to roll.

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

Aren't you the one who said in another thread, that the types of recruits we are bringing is widding the gap between us and OU/TX? I think this class is great, and loaded with athletes from big time winning high school programs. Coach Bo will have other athletes he is going after to replace the ones he knows will not make it. With all of the quality RS next year and this class, I fell great about competing with OU/Tx and anyone in the country.

Also, why would Bo offer all these guys who you say will not make it, when he stoped recruiting Josh Brown because of grades. That just does not make sense at all.

Well.... in multiple places by multiple posters and on various "official stories" each of the aformentioned players are considered longshots to make the grades. Now, someone said that Robinson has made it. great. But, and who knows if all these sources are good or not, it is clear that some will not make it.

As for narrowing the gap with OU and Texas, well.... look at their recruits. Our top two guys, Green and Ankrah would barely make the top 10 in either of their classes and no one after # five or six in our class would make the cut at either school. No, the gap widens --- even if all our guys make it. Well, at least the gap widens in terms of those infamous "starts" that are so controversial.

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

Aren't you the one who said in another thread, that the types of recruits we are bringing is widding the gap between us and OU/TX? I think this class is great, and loaded with athletes from big time winning high school programs. Coach Bo will have other athletes he is going after to replace the ones he knows will not make it. With all of the quality RS next year and this class, I fell great about competing with OU/Tx and anyone in the country.

Also, why would Bo offer all these guys who you say will not make it, when he stoped recruiting Josh Brown because of grades. That just does not make sense at all.

Well.... in multiple places by multiple posters and on various "official stories" each of the aformentioned players are considered longshots to make the grades. Now, someone said that Robinson has made it. great. But, and who knows if all these sources are good or not, it is clear that some will not make it.

As for narrowing the gap with OU and Texas, well.... look at their recruits. Our top two guys, Green and Ankrah would barely make the top 10 in either of their classes and no one after # five or six in our class would make the cut at either school. No, the gap widens --- even if all our guys make it. Well, at least the gap widens in terms of those infamous "starts" that are so controversial.

The gap in star rated players may widen. The coaching will make up the talent gap. We dont have to be ou/texas. We have to build players the Nebraska way.

The gap in star rated players may widen. The coaching will make up the talent gap. We dont have to be ou/texas. We have to build players the Nebraska way.

:yeah

Well, I was going to ask you how TX got around their own rules since there's no way that some of their recruits can be academically 'qualified'.

Texas gets around their own rules the same way KU (Self/Mangino) get around them. Didn't you hear all the crying from Texas about the Texas kids that played prominent roles in KU's Basketball NC team last year and the transcript grade changing/sort of scandal what not. The problem is Texas can bypass this because all of their recruits come from in state and there's no one to cry foul on them.....YET. Texas is more then comfortable with the order that the Big 12 currently is in. If A@M ever gets a real coach/leadership and things start to slip at UT, and they will, I guarantee the old SWC comes back with allegations galore and things get ugly again. You have to look at the history of those Texas schools and you might as well throw OU in there with them.

I would also venture to say that if NU has some serious success in the not so distant future with prominent Texas kids filling major roles, the calling cards come out.

The ol', 'can't find their records', trick, I surmise.... ;)

I could accept if the coaches had stayed after McBurse but I think there were other spots they felt had to be filled. In hindsight they probably wish they had McBurse instead or Robinson or Zimmerer. But the deal is done, can't be burning bridges and creating ill-will by backing-off a commit. Trinity has Div1 guys every year, that is a place we need ties to. Gotta be happy that we got a stud in Burkhead and move-on.

Well, Burkhead has some real 'juice' you like to see. I double checked and Robinson is bigger than I thought, 6' and about 215 and moves pretty well. So, :wtf do I know? Just didn't really look like a stand out on the films.

We've got Helu and Castille and Mendoza for a few more years, one would hope, so that's fine. Plus, like you say, there will be more recruits down the road.

Just would like to see us score a legitimate game changing, home run threat type back, and WR, FTM.

Watch out, I got bashed/MOD warned for posting something very similar to this on another thread.

McBurse is a January kid. He probably already has his Purdue papers ready to roll.

Purdue?! :wtf , he wants to be an engineer? Hmmm, for FB I would think Big Red would be a slam dunk over Purdue, plus the academics at NU aren't that bad.

Buuut, maybe there's something special he wants at Purdue. :dunno

Which means it'll be just like the days of Devaney and OZ. I, for one, dream of the day we are able to recruit on par with TX and OU, but it may never happen and/or I'll be dead 1st.

I think this class looks pretty good, but we will just have to look to BO to coach his ass off just like OZ did.

Which means it'll be just like the days of Devaney and OZ. I, for one, dream of the day we are able to recruit on par with TX and OU, but it may never happen and/or I'll be dead 1st.

I think this class looks pretty good, but we will just have to look to BO to coach his ass off just like OZ did.

:yeah I agree with both. Hopefully Bo can just coach everyone to their full potential

I'll buy that --- for a while. That is, our coaching and the grit and fire with which Pelini and crew can get the kids to play will help us to compete better with OU/Texas (well below them, but better than before) --- even if the talent gap widens. That is, we'll fare better in the next few years than in the last few years even though the talent differential is widening somewhat. That said, we'll not really approach their level in any significant sense until our recruiting gets better. That takes victories and that takes time --- top players commit to teams on the rise --- NU is maybe(probably) that but more needs to be seen before we get top recruits.

Until NU signs 7-8 top 250 players a year for several years running, well OU and Texas (who get at least that many, and often more) will be unreachable. we are getting better. We're getting closer on the field (still not very close, but closer) --- but coaching only goes so far. We need the horses.

Purdue?! :wtf , he wants to be an engineer? Hmmm, for FB I would think Big Red would be a slam dunk over Purdue, plus the academics at NU aren't that bad.

Buuut, maybe there's something special he wants at Purdue. :dunno

I think immediate playing time was a big factor for him, Purdue can definately offer that.

I dont believe the talent differential is widening. We've got about 5 4 star guys now and the rest three stars, who's to say alot of these guys couldn't play for OU or TX, once in their system, or be coached up by BO enough to compete very well with them.

Yea, it would be nice to get a bunch of 5 star guys I guess, but it seems a fair amount of those guys don't pan out or dont work that hard. Demarco Murray is one example of a guy who, because of injuries, hasn't panned out the greatest at OU. He's missed most of their important games.

Jimmy Clausen @ ND was the top QB in his class and I can say that, this year, I would rather have our Joey than friggin Jimmy Clausen. In fact, ND is the 'poster child' representing crappy five star teams. Actually they probably stand only for that honor. FSU also comes to mind....

I think this class looks good, and we've got some very good RSFrosh up and coming; if anything, it looks like our overall talent level we put on the field will be improved. If you get some stout linemen on both sides of the ball thats 75% of the battle right there.

I guess we'll find out, but it looks to me like we're slightly closing the gap right now. I'll have to look over the OU/TX classes sometime here to get a better feel for it...

I don't understand how everyone is saying that we are sooo far behind texas and ou. Is everyone forgetting that we should have actually probably beaten texas the last two years. Now maybe people are going to say they were young or down in those years. Well its not like we werent down either. We did go to the big 12 championship in 06' but even that was with a much slower defense than Pelini will have on the field in a year or two. The second year was with an offense that couldnt run worth anything. The OU game this year could have and did happen to a ton of teams. I would be willing to bet that nobody is saying that TT or Okie St. are way below them talent wise. I really like the class that Peini is putting together and its a good sign that the one thing people were worried about when he got hired he is proving that wont be a problem. I think another thing that really nobody on here has mentioned is that he has one juco which will only help depth for years to come.