SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

He did say in the interview, sunday or monday? I don't know, but did anyone see the star gazing thing that husker rivals did? I'm not buying into the recruiting stars as hard as I did. Also, we have a coach that will get the kids to play harder and develope past the starts!

I try not to follow stars, but the best teams year in and year out seem to have the top classes(5 and 4 star guys).

As much as you say you dont want to follow it, it seems like it does make a difference most of the time.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but werent we in the top ten or somewhere thereabouts for a few years...look where that got us?

Sure those 5 stars are great athletes, but I am not completely sold on these recruiting sources and how they evaluate talent...they dont measure heart, my friend.

Having a top 5 team goes far beyond recruiting..primarily developing your players.

Big Red will be back. Hell, look at what one year with Pelini got us. An 8-5 season with the potential of going 9-5 with less talent than we had a year ago.

Pelini is our man...*'s are wayyyyyyyyyyy overrated.

there is a ton of talent on this team, they just had horrible coaching before Pelini

look at Notre Dame, they have talent but a god awful coach

No, Im not saying we dont have talent. I am saying that we have less talent than a year ago. And, yes, the coaching before Pelini was horrid.

Stars and teams are similar to the chicken and the egg. Which comes first? The stars? or the offers? USC has all 4 and 5 stars every year, but most of those kids commit before their senior seasons, so the stars come after USC wants them. Same with Texas. If you look at who makes the All American Team, there as many 3 stars as 5 stars. And really, the difference between 3 and 5 isnt much at all. Sam Bradford was a 3 star btw.

will probably end up at dt...he's already around 250lbs..you can bet that he'll more than likely put on 25-30 pounds at nu...

are you serious? :blink:

just a guess...hope he can stay at around 250-260lbs. range and stay at DE ...if you look at some of the redshirt freshmens that came in you can see how much weight they already put on...josh william came in at 217lbs. and we're not even done with the season yet and he's already at around 240lbs..alonzo whaley came in at 213lbs. and he's now close to 230lbs. pierre allen came to nu at 225lbs and he's now at 265lbs..with a year in the nu weight room you can bet ankrah will put on some weight , it's bound to happen...the question here is how much and how fast he puts on the weight...if he's not careful he can eat his way into a DT...my guess is if he gets up around the 280lbs. range pelini will put him at DT...the reason? pelini wants his DEs fast off that edge and if ankrah gets up around 280-285lbs range he might lose a step or two...very few players can put that much weight on without losing some speed...like i said though, it's just my guess