SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

Well, Scout has us at 20 before Ankrah, so we should move up there too...

#19 now, FWIW.

:w00t s'all good, but we have COACHES which is even better.

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But don't forget, we can lose some players and ... there are plenty of five and four stars yet to commit that can and will raise and lower other teams. I wouldn't be surprized to see us just outside the top 25 ... but still a great class ... as we hit some good targets and a well rounded class for our needs.

SheepdogMark

PS. Welcome Jason ... I'm excited for you ... and our program.

We will lose two or three to academics/ decommit. The coaches have a good idea who those players are. I bet that they are looking to start filling some of the impending casualties spots.

You need a 950 or higher on your SAT to be admitted to Nebraska

My mistake, I thought it was 760.

Here is the relevant section from the web page (note the first bold item):

Performance Requirements

In addition to meeting the above core course requirements, traditional freshmen students seeking admission to the University should:

* be ranked in the upper one-half of their high school class, OR

* have received an ACT composite score of 20 or higher*, OR

* have received an SAT total score (Critical Reading and Math only) of 950 or higher*.

*Freshman applicants under 23 years of age are required to submit an ACT or SAT score. Our ACT code is 2482. Our SAT code is 6877.

Performance Requirements

In addition to meeting the above core course requirements, traditional freshmen students seeking admission to the University should:

* have received an SAT total score (Critical Reading and Math only) of 950 or higher*.

*Freshman applicants under 23 years of age are required to submit an ACT or SAT score. Our ACT code is 2482. Our SAT code is 6877.

Ok so the "OR's" imply that he may qualify with what he has right now. He has a 3.0 GPA, not mind blowing but pretty decent and maybe good enough to be in the upper 1/2 of his HS class. Anyone know for sure?

Performance Requirements

Ok so the "OR's" imply that he may qualify with what he has right now. He has a 3.0 GPA, not mind blowing but pretty decent and maybe good enough to be in the upper 1/2 of his HS class. Anyone know for sure?

LOL

Kid does not need to be "upper one half of his class". Think about some of the guys in the past we have taken like Brandon Jackson, Rickey Thenarse, Justin Rogers, etc.,

Kid just needs his core classes in line and good enough test scores to get past the NCAA clearinghouse. After that, it's all gravy regardless of the standards we have.

We should all know that athletes get more breaks than you or I would.

I believe the cutoff is lower for athletes than 950. Isn't 950 the base for a typical student? I think it might be more like 850 or 800 for Athletes but hey, what do I know? Regardless, I like that Bo is building from the inside out. He's picked up some solid linemen on both sides of the ball.

Performance Requirements

That SAT/ACT can be pain in the ass, some people just don't read as fast as others or grow up in educated families with a big vocabulary or have yuppie parents that send them off to spelling bee camp.

I.e., not everyone excels at reading comprehension. Doesn't mean they can't do well in college with some extra work.

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

Ya if all those didnt make it, it would shake things up. I just have a hard time believing the coaches would cling to a recruit destined to fail from making it. I also do not think that all those players will fail to qualify.

I do see your point that this isnt over, alot can happen.