SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

I know someone mentioned this, but is he going to have trouble qualifiying?

Naw he's fine. He has a 3.0 GPA and a 790 on his SAT.

Wow, I really wonder if he just blindly guessed on all his SAT answers (acknowledging that they only reported the math and reading portions of the SAT, so it's out of 1600).

Put your head into it, read a few SAT prep books, do a few prep tests, and he will be just fine. It's got to be a mental block kind of thing; he just needs to sit through some timed practice tests of his own to get used to the 4-hr+ endurance drill that the SAT really is. He'll bring it up to 950, easy, if he pulls it together and realizes a) how important it is for his future, and B) how trivial it is to do.

great news and he will qualify

by the way JPP is history, for a couple of reasons.

1. wants to play close to home

2. doesnt see NU's defense as something that he wants to play in, not the right fit on how they use the DT ect.

my guess is that he doesnt like the fact that NU makes the players go to class, seeing that he needs about 18 credits to graduate from JC

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But don't forget, we can lose some players and ... there are plenty of five and four stars yet to commit that can and will raise and lower other teams. I wouldn't be surprized to see us just outside the top 25 ... but still a great class ... as we hit some good targets and a well rounded class for our needs.

SheepdogMark

PS. Welcome Jason ... I'm excited for you ... and our program.

This guy is a DE for sure. Just looking at his build, he looks like a prototype DE. Remember Carriker was playing at nearly 290 when he left! I don't think Ankrah should get anywhere near that weight, but he has plenty of room to gain a bit witout losing his burst.

Man this guy should be a terrific player for us, and from his interview with scouts, it looks as though he has a good head on his shoulders, and priorities his in order. He could well develop into THE MAN on future D-lines. Welcome to the family Jason!!!