SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

Tray is good right now.

BTW with Ankrah, Nebraska is 22nd in the nation recruiting according to rivals.. One more 4 star and we could be top 20

But.... minus Ankrah, Byrd, Washington, Robinson and Norman --- each likely to fail to qualify --- and each among our top 10 recruits --- and we are #40-45.

People are being lulled into a false sense of security. Academic casualties will decimate this class.

Aren't you the one who said in another thread, that the types of recruits we are bringing is widding the gap between us and OU/TX? I think this class is great, and loaded with athletes from big time winning high school programs. Coach Bo will have other athletes he is going after to replace the ones he knows will not make it. With all of the quality RS next year and this class, I fell great about competing with OU/Tx and anyone in the country.

Also, why would Bo offer all these guys who you say will not make it, when he stoped recruiting Josh Brown because of grades. That just does not make sense at all.

Aren't you the one who said in another thread, that the types of recruits we are bringing is widding the gap between us and OU/TX? I think this class is great, and loaded with athletes from big time winning high school programs. Coach Bo will have other athletes he is going after to replace the ones he knows will not make it. With all of the quality RS next year and this class, I fell great about competing with OU/Tx and anyone in the country.

Also, why would Bo offer all these guys who you say will not make it, when he stoped recruiting Josh Brown because of grades. That just does not make sense at all.

Right, we all know that BO 'KNOWS', so if BO KNOWS they aren't going to make it why would BO GO after them in the first place? That would be unKNOWING!

The "or" is pretty significant. A high school can have a low ACT/SAT and still qualify. The student can be in the bottom half of their class and still qualify. These are desired standards put forth by the Admissions department, but are flexible to an extent. For example..

We had a student apply a few years ago that had a 13 ACT and was middle of the pack in class rank, but he excelled in mathematics. He was simply average "at best" in most other things. Being as gifted as he was in mathematics the university admitted with conditions of tutors and G.P.A. regulations. This is a common occurance.

Some people just fall way to short of any acceptable flexibility, but Ankrah should be fine. Hell, if "Troy Davis" (remember him...ISU RB) can get into college, there should be hope for just about anybody.

The "or" is pretty significant. A high school can have a low ACT/SAT and still qualify. The student can be in the bottom half of their class and still qualify. These are desired standards put forth by the Admissions department, but are flexible to an extent. For example..

We had a student apply a few years ago that had a 13 ACT and was middle of the pack in class rank, but he excelled in mathematics. He was simply average "at best" in most other things. Being as gifted as he was in mathematics the university admitted with conditions of tutors and G.P.A. regulations. This is a common occurance.

Some people just fall way to short of any acceptable flexibility, but Ankrah should be fine. Hell, if "Troy Davis" (remember him...ISU RB) can get into college, there should be hope for just about anybody.

This is great, just accept Ankrah because he excels at FOOTBALL! :w00t

yawn.... same old stuff

T. Davis may have been a partial qualifier at ISU-Big 8 conference back then.

Don't mean to thread jack, but Texas instituting the no partial qualifier rule in this league really, really screwed the rest of the schools in this league. Not just for pure football reasons either mind you, but more importantly Texas and their arrogant ways screwed many potential quality kids that would've went on to college and may have excelled in earning their degree and playing ball. It's been well documented the success NU had with this. Instead a vast majority of these kids don't go the JUCO route/or get lost in the wash and call it quits in the process of playing ball and furthering their education (My old HS coach personally hates Texas just for this sheer reason). I graduated HS in the early 90s and 2 of my buddies that went on to play Divsion 1 ball both were partials. And both of them played ball and earned their degrees in the process (Weber State U, Texas A@M).

The funny thing about Texas and them wanting to be some superior academic university (they don't accept JUCOS) Vince Young easily qualifies for entrance, maintains good academic standing during his time there yet goes on to score a 7 on his Wonderlic test (full qualifier). My friend that had a more successful collegiate football career then the other one scored a 22 on his Wonderlic test (partial qualifier).

T. Davis may have been a partial qualifier at ISU-Big 8 conference back then.

Don't mean to thread jack, but Texas instituting the no partial qualifier rule in this league really, really screwed the rest of the schools in this league. Not just for pure football reasons either mind you, but more importantly Texas and their arrogant ways screwed many potential quality kids that would've went on to college and may have excelled in earning their degree and playing ball. It's been well documented the success NU had with this. Instead a vast majority of these kids don't go the JUCO route/or get lost in the wash and call it quits in the process of playing ball and furthering their education (My old HS coach personally hates Texas just for this sheer reason). I graduated HS in the early 90s and 2 of my buddies that went on to play Divsion 1 ball both were partials. And both of them played ball and earned their degrees in the process (Weber State U, Texas A@M).

The funny thing about Texas and them wanting to be some superior academic university (they don't accept JUCOS) Vince Young easily qualifies for entrance, maintains good academic standing during his time there yet goes on to score a 7 on his Wonderlic test (full qualifier). My friend that had a more successful collegiate football career then the other one scored a 22 on his Wonderlic test (partial qualifier).

Well, I was going to ask you how TX got around their own rules since there's no way that some of their recruits can be academically 'qualified'.

1. So you think we're the only team that will have academic casuaties? Just us? Get a grip. Others will lose guys too. We wouldn't drop that far.

2. You gotta remember that we will oversign a bit. Maybe more than a bit if guys really look sketchy down the home stretch. We are still in on more guys. It isn't like we're done with commits now.

3. Dude, we backed-off McBurse after the Burkhead commit because we were full at rb. Do you honestly think we'd let a stud like McBurse go if we didn't think Robinson woud be here?

4. Ankrah has the grades, he just need to get a score by August. He should be able to eke that out.

I think Byrd is toast, but we took three more cb's for a reason. Robinson is likely. Ankrah is probable. Washington and Norman are quite iffy. But we have real shots at Lester White, JPP, and Eric Martin. If can close on a few more recruits by signing day, sign-ove a little, we'll be OK overall. I'm not saying we won't have an ouch or two but not decimated by any means.

great news and he will qualify

by the way JPP is history, for a couple of reasons.

1. wants to play close to home

2. doesnt see NU's defense as something that he wants to play in, not the right fit on how they use the DT ect.

my guess is that he doesnt like the fact that NU makes the players go to class, seeing that he needs about 18 credits to graduate from JC

Are chances are JPP are much better than you think

Well, I was going to ask you how TX got around their own rules since there's no way that some of their recruits can be academically 'qualified'.

Texas gets around their own rules the same way KU (Self/Mangino) get around them. Didn't you hear all the crying from Texas about the Texas kids that played prominent roles in KU's Basketball NC team last year and the transcript grade changing/sort of scandal what not. The problem is Texas can bypass this because all of their recruits come from in state and there's no one to cry foul on them.....YET. Texas is more then comfortable with the order that the Big 12 currently is in. If A@M ever gets a real coach/leadership and things start to slip at UT, and they will, I guarantee the old SWC comes back with allegations galore and things get ugly again. You have to look at the history of those Texas schools and you might as well throw OU in there with them.

I would also venture to say that if NU has some serious success in the not so distant future with prominent Texas kids filling major roles, the calling cards come out.