RB David Oku

yeah hes not coming....

I wouldn't worry either way.

Seriously... He is having fun with this recruiting process. It's the hat trick. Really anyone who thinks they know where this kid is going, is even more confused than those who have no idea. This has become more common over the past few years as kids get hyped and hyped even more. You'll have a kid wearing Michigan at school for a week, then commit to Ohio St. The writers at rivals jump the gun all the time, you simply can't believe everything you hear. ON this particular player, I won't believe anything until signing day. Even if he gives Tennessee a verbal, it wouldn't surprise me if he signs somewhere else. Just like I hope he comes here to run the option with cody green. However even if Oku commits to Nebraska, I wouldn't get excited about it untill SIGNING day. This kid has enough talent he can pretty much go to any school he wants, and he knows that.

it's that danged double edged sword.

• 2 weeks later...

yup tennessee <_< , so whos the next rb on our board? hilliard?

Or Giles once he decommits from Tenn, but seems like a good shot with Hilliard.

Is Giles still solid on Tenn? I know we were in his top 3 with Clemson and with a the firing of Bowden at Clemson you think we would have the best shot.. I would love to see us steal Giles now that Oku is gone.

For those in touch with the recruiting of this kid, do you think he would look elsewhere if Fulmer were to get the axe?

I really dont think so.. When he visited Tennessee he talked more about his "guide" then anything else.. but when a coach gets fired it is a very big deal on the recruiting side.. When you dont know what the future holds then some of those recruits get a little scared and go to a different school. I would like him or Giles to come to this school but both sound solid to UT.

do u think if we call brandon wegher and ask him if hed like to play for Nebraska at the RB position, do u thikn hed decommmit and commit to us?

I hope they are still in contact with him. Frys seat isn't exactly cold. And man, Brandon is a special cat, just happened to be flipping threw the radio stations last friday night, caught the first few minutes of the Lemars vs Heelan ball game. Lemars gets the ball goes 3 and out, they punt, well they punted it to the wrong guy. Brandon takes it like 60 or so yards to the house, impressive right? Well Lemars goes 3 and out again, they punt it away from brandon, teammate gets a nice 20 yard return, 2nd play of the series, 2nd touch of the ballgame, Brandon takes it to the house again on approx a 55 yrd run. 2 touches over a hundred apy and 2 td's in the first 4 minutes of the ball game on 2 touches.

For those in touch with the recruiting of this kid, do you think he would look elsewhere if Fulmer were to get the axe?

I wouldn't say I'm in touch with recruiting, but based on what I've read, I would't be surprised if Oku looked elsewhere regardless of what happens with Fulmer.

Hate to say it, but this could be very well true.