RB Jarvis Giles

Pelini does have an in-house with him this Sunday. He talked about all three recently, where they all stood, and of the three he gushed on Nebraska way more than the other two. Pelini's visit will be the last before his announcement day on Tuesday. Beck already had a visit with him. To me it sounds like Tennessee is out of the running completely, but that's just me. Could be wrong.

Be of good cheer, gentlemen.

I really like our chances guys! :thumbs

From Huskerjournal.com:

DECEMBER 4, 2008. PREP STAR

JARVIS GILES, RB, 5-11, 175, 4.5, TAMPA (GAITHER), FLORIDA

Jarvis at one time was committed to Tennessee. Jarvis explains what he likes about South Carolina and Nebraska.

“Nebraska academics are good they have like a 96 percent graduation rate. I love the facilities, its top of the line. I’m mean everything was top of the line, nutrition, the food was great.” Giles said

“Their (Nebraska) fans are once in a life time,” Giles said, “I went to the Colorado game, and their fans were absolutely outrageous. The stadium was loud it felt like the stadium was vibrating. I was saying ‘oh my goodness I hope this is not happening.’” Was the weather cold for the game, being from Florida?

“Truthfully, I wasn’t really cold at all.” Giles said, “Like you would freeze there (Nebraska). Like you would need these extra coats and jackets. I’m like no man, I’m straight it’s not cold out here. You must be tripping.

Giles thoughts about the Husker’s winning 57 yard field goal

“A lot of recruits around me said he’s not going to make it. I could tell from his walk, he had a little swagger. I told them I think he’s going to make it.” Giles said

“Bo is coming in to visit this Sunday,” Giles said, “I like Bo he is funny. I hit it off pretty good. We sat down and talked on my visit. He’s a cool guy.”

“Coach Beck (Nebraska) is my recruiter, he’s a cool guy, and he’s nice, honest. You couldn’t ask more in recruiting.” Giles added

Early playing time

“Nebraska said I could play early, they showed me film. They said when I come in I would probably be third string and then try to work your way to first.” Giles said

“I’m leaving for Florida regardless; there is just nothing to do here. The schools are equal right now.” Giles commented about distance.

If Bo comes down this Sunday just blows you away would you consider (pick) Nebraska?

“Yea, I would. You got to look at it, he’s (Bo) coming down this way. I’m going to look at both head coaches, who offer’s me the best deal.” Giles said

“I liked South Carolina a lot I was down there for the Auburn game. I like the fan base, they get real pumped they love their football. It’s a football community. The facilities are great at South Carolina, academically they are good.” Giles said

“Either school I get early playing time. Coach Spurrier is a straight up guy. He said I work hard, good ethnics, and he told me to keep it up. I wouldn’t mind playing for either coach, I wouldn’t mind playing for Bo and I wouldn’t mind playing for Spurrier. ” Giles added

“Coach Spurrier is coming down tonight. I like Coach Spurrier, a lot of history, tradition behind him, he’s a good guy.” Giles said

Tennessee in the mix?

“Not really, the only reason why I’m considering Tennessee is because the running backs coach that is over there, but I’m going to narrow it down my choices Monday when I get all my home visits. It will probably be Nebraska and South Carolina. Then Tuesday I will have a little press conference at the school about 12 noon.” Giles said

From Huskerjournal.com:

Jarvis at one time was committed to Tennessee. Jarvis explains what he likes about South Carolina and Nebraska.

“Either school I get early playing time. Coach Spurrier is a straight up guy. He said I work hard, good ethnics, and he told me to keep it up. I wouldn’t mind playing for either coach, I wouldn’t mind playing for Bo and I wouldn’t mind playing for Spurrier. ” Giles added

LOL...I think he meant ethics.

What a cold game recruiting is. Waiting to see who'll offer him the "best deal."

Yeah, I don't blame these kids at all for the way they treat the process now. It is exactly like a job interview. When it comes down to it, it is your future as a football player and a student, and you want to give yourself the best chance to excel in both. It's a HUGE decision, and you can't take into account emotions when making it.

From Huskerjournal.com:

“Nebraska academics are good they have like a 96 percent graduation rate. I love the facilities, its top of the line. I’m mean everything was top of the line, nutrition, the food was great.” Giles said

“Their (Nebraska) fans are once in a life time,” Giles said, “I went to the Colorado game, and their fans were absolutely outrageous. The stadium was loud it felt like the stadium was vibrating. I was saying ‘oh my goodness I hope this is not happening.’” Was the weather cold for the game, being from Florida?

“Truthfully, I wasn’t really cold at all.” Giles said, “Like you would freeze there (Nebraska). Like you would need these extra coats and jackets. I’m like no man, I’m straight it’s not cold out here. You must be tripping.

Giles thoughts about the Husker’s winning 57 yard field goal

“A lot of recruits around me said he’s not going to make it. I could tell from his walk, he had a little swagger. I told them I think he’s going to make it.” Giles said

“Bo is coming in to visit this Sunday,” Giles said, “I like Bo he is funny. I hit it off pretty good. We sat down and talked on my visit. He’s a cool guy.”

“Coach Beck (Nebraska) is my recruiter, he’s a cool guy, and he’s nice, honest. You couldn’t ask more in recruiting.” Giles added

Early playing time

“Nebraska said I could play early, they showed me film. They said when I come in I would probably be third string and then try to work your way to first.” Giles said

“I’m leaving for Florida regardless; there is just nothing to do here. The schools are equal right now.” Giles commented about distance.

If Bo comes down this Sunday just blows you away would you consider (pick) Nebraska?

“Yea, I would. You got to look at it, he’s (Bo) coming down this way. I’m going to look at both head coaches, who offer’s me the best deal.” Giles said

“I liked South Carolina a lot I was down there for the Auburn game. I like the fan base, they get real pumped they love their football. It’s a football community. The facilities are great at South Carolina, academically they are good.” Giles said

“Coach Spurrier is coming down tonight. I like Coach Spurrier, a lot of history, tradition behind him, he’s a good guy.” Giles said

Tennessee in the mix?

“Not really, the only reason why I’m considering Tennessee is because the running backs coach that is over there, but I’m going to narrow it down my choices Monday when I get all my home visits. It will probably be Nebraska and South Carolina. Then Tuesday I will have a little press conference at the school about 12 noon.” Giles said

First of all, I love how the guy talks. :D

And he is announcing at 12...perhaps indicating he's b12 bound? lol

Dont want to be a downer here but on his myspace he says he going to be a gamecock.. I dunno when it was posted but its on there right now... Ok ok I know I creeped..

You can actually read the text on his myspace page? (Somehow every myspace page I go to looks like someone took design queues from a geocities page.) Anyway, it says he might be a gamecock. Probably on there cause the mascot name is funny.

Dont want to be a downer here but on his myspace he says he going to be a gamecock.. I dunno when it was posted but its on there right now... Ok ok I know I creeped..

You can actually read the text on his myspace page? (Somehow every myspace page I go to looks like someone took design queues from a geocities page.) Anyway, it says he might be a gamecock. Probably on there cause the mascot name is funny.

Ugh, another one bites the dust.

Is this for sure?

Is this for sure?

I don't see why you would put that on a public myspace page if you weren't headed there. I just going to assume the worst on this one. I would love to have him here, his videos look sick, and definitely would be an impact player here in Nebraska. Wish him luck in whatever he decides, just not counting on him coming.