RB Jarvis Giles

Well it looks like Nebraska and South Carolina are extremely close..

Giles: South Carolina, Nebraska “neck and neck”

Despite a recent effort by new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin to woo Gaither running back Jarvis Giles back into a verbal commitment for the Vols, Giles said told the Times that South Carolina and Nebraska are “neck and neck” as his favorites.

Giles returned from his official visit to Nebraska this weekend – he saw the Huskers’ rivalry game with Colorado – impressed.

“The atmosphere in that stadium was outrageous,” Giles said. “It was like the stands were shaking in there. When it comes to that I think Nebraska’s got the edge. And Nebraska has a 96 percent graduation rate, so that’s impressive too.”

Giles said he talked to Kiffin Sunday morning, a day before he was introduced as Tennessee's new head coach, and that he told him he saw his tape and said he was an "impressive back."

"He said he'd look at more and get back to me," Giles said. "Lane Kiffin is Lane Kiffin. He seems like a good coach. I mean, he coached Reggie Bush (at USC) and he's a good back, but we'll see. I'm still decommitted."

South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier is planning a visit Thursday (He is also expected to visit Hillsborough running back Lindsey Lamar also). Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has also pledged a visit this week.

“It’s going to be a busy week,” Giles said.

C'mon Bo, reel this one in!!!!

Well it looks like Nebraska and South Carolina are extremely close..

Giles: South Carolina, Nebraska “neck and neck”

Despite a recent effort by new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin to woo Gaither running back Jarvis Giles back into a verbal commitment for the Vols, Giles said told the Times that South Carolina and Nebraska are “neck and neck” as his favorites.

Giles returned from his official visit to Nebraska this weekend – he saw the Huskers’ rivalry game with Colorado – impressed.

“The atmosphere in that stadium was outrageous,” Giles said. “It was like the stands were shaking in there. When it comes to that I think Nebraska’s got the edge. And Nebraska has a 96 percent graduation rate, so that’s impressive too.”

Giles said he talked to Kiffin Sunday morning, a day before he was introduced as Tennessee's new head coach, and that he told him he saw his tape and said he was an "impressive back."

"He said he'd look at more and get back to me," Giles said. "Lane Kiffin is Lane Kiffin. He seems like a good coach. I mean, he coached Reggie Bush (at USC) and he's a good back, but we'll see. I'm still decommitted."

South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier is planning a visit Thursday (He is also expected to visit Hillsborough running back Lindsey Lamar also). Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has also pledged a visit this week.

“It’s going to be a busy week,” Giles said.

where did you find this?

The one thing that may help us is the fact Spurrier was quick to point out that Kiffin committed a recruiting violation since he contacted Giles before he passed the NCAA mandated recruiting test. Watch Tennessee return the favor. :)

The one thing that cracks me up -- these two schools will dog each other and we will be sitting there ready to pounce.

The one thing that may help us is the fact Spurrier was quick to point out that Kiffin committed a recruiting violation since he contacted Giles before he passed the NCAA mandated recruiting test. Watch Tennessee return the favor. :)

The one thing that cracks me up -- these two schools will dog each other and we will be sitting there ready to pounce.

Eh, says he took the test like a week ago. :dunno

Funny Spurrier was so quick to pounce, though.

According to a Vol fan:

"Nebraska has bigger problems than UT as far as recruiting is concerned. There isn't enough talent within 700 miles of NU to compete with any of the South division. Mizzou will fade but the Big 12 North isn't close to being competitive with the South. IMO, the team headed in the right direction is Colorado. The results aren't there yet but Hawkin is building.

Colorado doesn't have a ton of talent either but has long ties to California and offers more "amenities" such as the Rockies et al to attract national recruits than any of the other North teams."

I hope none of their recruits come from this no talent zone he speaks of.

unitedstatesnicelargecv1.jpg

Really? 42-17. Nebraska over Tennessee in the 1998 Orange Bowl says otherwise. I think Scott Frost and Ahman Green would have something to say about it too. Not to mention Grant Wistrom, Kyle Vanden Bosh, Mike Rucker, Eric Crouch, Dan Alexander and about 50 other guys who come from within that no talent zone that beat the hell out of Tennessee's best team ever.

Cannot take the test until you are officially hired. Like TO last year when he had to name himself a coach so he could take the thest before he could hit the trail or call these players.

According to a Vol fan:

"Nebraska has bigger problems than UT as far as recruiting is concerned. There isn't enough talent within 700 miles of NU to compete with any of the South division. Mizzou will fade but the Big 12 North isn't close to being competitive with the South. IMO, the team headed in the right direction is Colorado. The results aren't there yet but Hawkin is building.

Colorado doesn't have a ton of talent either but has long ties to California and offers more "amenities" such as the Rockies et al to attract national recruits than any of the other North teams."

I hope none of their recruits come from this no talent zone he speaks of.

unitedstatesnicelargecv1.jpg

Wow, whoever said that is a real tool..maybe I can loan him my copy of the 97 orange bowl to prove him otherwise..

Really? 42-17. Nebraska over Tennessee in the 1998 Orange Bowl says otherwise. I think Scott Frost and Ahman Green would have something to say about it too. Not to mention Grant Wistrom, Kyle Vanden Bosh, Mike Rucker, Eric Crouch, Dan Alexander and about 50 other guys who come from within that no talent zone that beat the hell out of Tennessee's best team ever.

On the flip side, I don't know if it was pure faith/luck for TO during the 90s with Nebraska skill players, but the skill players in the state of Nebraska has been on a sever drought this entire decade. Skill players are hard to come by anyways in the state, but hopefully in the next decade things change. NU is vastly overdue for a true stud difference maker on the skill level. I can think of 1 skill player that had a lot of potential but didn't pan out, D. Horne in this decade. Horne had a lot of potential but flaked out. (Sorry to be debbie downer, but I don't think N. Paul has that potential. Good kid, but I think the better athlete was throwing him the ball in HS).

Hopefully someway somehow Pelini/Beck can reel Giles in against severe competition with Spurrier and the cutthroat Tennessee staff, as he has tremendous busrt. Giles also is done with HS in a couple weeks and will be enrolling in January. I really hope Pelini and Beck can sell that snake oil- :)

Having Green and Giles in the backfield would be dangerous. Throw in McBurse to as i think we have a legit chance with him as well-another December grad.

Giles, Green, McBurse, Young are all December HS grads.

Not funny at all. Wasnt Reaves, whos on Spurriers staff, also recruiting Giles for Tennessee b/f Kiffin was announced as head coach...in other words while he was still working & being paid as a coach at South Carolina? If so, thats bullsh#t & a complete scumbag move.

My uncle works with this kid's father at our local power company and spoke with him yesterday..according to his father, he's "ecstatic" after his visit and absolutely loved it in lincoln...apparently beck was at their house the other night and the family is very impressed by him as well....

:thumbs

Send in the closer.

My uncle works with this kid's father at our local power company and spoke with him yesterday..according to his father, he's "ecstatic" after his visit and absolutely loved it in lincoln...apparently beck was at their house the other night and the family is very impressed by him as well....

:thumbs

Send in the closer.

I wonder what a fake NU Giles tatoo would look like????