RB Jarvis Giles

just untill those stories are actauly true

:yeah

I would love to have Giles at Nebraska, but I really want Burkhead as well. Is that even a possibility? If we could land either McBurse or Giles, would Burkhead be willing/would there be enough spots left for him to come?

Pelini does have an in-house with him this Sunday. He talked about all three recently, where they all stood, and of the three he gushed on Nebraska way more than the other two. Pelini's visit will be the last before his announcement day on Tuesday. Beck already had a visit with him. To me it sounds like Tennessee is out of the running completely, but that's just me. Could be wrong.

Be of good cheer, gentlemen.

I thought you only got one visit per school?

From ESPN Recruiting. I say let all the visits go down and see what happens. I like that we are the last visit so hopefully the staff knows how to close!

Gamecocks in the lead for Jarvis Giles

Under Armour All-American running back Jarvis Giles told ESPN affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com, "South Carolina is the leader."

Giles talked about his in-home visit with the Gamecocks' coaching staff, "They were saying how much they need me, telling me that I'm a gamechanger. They were talking about how I can have an impact on the program."

He also talked about upcoming meetings with the staffs from Tennessee and Nebraska, "Their plans are already taken up and flights are already scheduled. I'm going to let them come in. Tennessee is coming in tomorrow so I'll hear what they have to say. Nebraksa is the last one."

I may have to eat my words, but so be it. If he makes a decision based of the smoke and mirrors then he deserves what he gets. If he wants to play and earn a spot he should come to Nebraska, if he wants it handed to him then he should go elsewhere. I still stand by my quote he will be here and all that comes with it if he goes elsewhere.

What "evidence" from any source is there that someone is blowing hot smoke up anyone's butt to get Jarvis? I was just wondering, several posts have signaled that others are "low-ballin" promises like such. I know in earlier posts Giles said of his Gamecock visit, "They were saying how much they need me, telling me that I'm a gamechanger. They were talking about how I can have an impact on the program."

Personally, I don't know of any recruiter, including Nebraska, that wouldn't say the same thing to a recruit ... and be 100% true and as well have a clear conscience. As well, I can't think of any of these programs Giles might go to where he won't have to "earn it".

My two cents,

SheepdogMark

I may have to eat my words, but so be it. If he makes a decision based of the smoke and mirrors then he deserves what he gets. If he wants to play and earn a spot he should come to Nebraska, if he wants it handed to him then he should go elsewhere. I still stand by my quote he will be here and all that comes with it if he goes elsewhere.

What "evidence" from any source is there that someone is blowing hot smoke up anyone's butt to get Jarvis? I was just wondering, several posts have signaled that others are "low-ballin" promises like such. I know in earlier posts Giles said of his Gamecock visit, "They were saying how much they need me, telling me that I'm a gamechanger. They were talking about how I can have an impact on the program."

Personally, I don't know of any recruiter, including Nebraska, that wouldn't say the same thing to a recruit ... and be 100% true and as well have a clear conscience. As well, I can't think of any of these programs Giles might go to where he won't have to "earn it".

My two cents,

SheepdogMark

I cant argue with that.