RB Jarvis Giles

Hopefully the kid and his folks can appreciate NU's staff/Beck's honesty pertaining to the whole situation. Having 1 lead recruiter sell you the world to south carolina only to have him in a month's span sell you the world to UT is really shady. Also one would hope that his parents are smart enough to know that NU graduates it's players unlike that of UT and Carolina.

Beck was there on Monday night, Spurrier is slated to be there on Thursday, and Tennessee is slated to be there on Friday night. Hmmm, I don't know??

I dont know if this is good or bad..

December 02, 2008

Giles Moving Closer To Commitment Day

By Phil Kornblut

He didn't mean to tip his hand, and maybe he didn't, but RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa Tuesday night may have provided a clue about what he's thinking regarding making a commitment to either USC or Nebraska. Giles disclosed that USC head coach Steve Spurrier and running backs coach Robert Gillespie will make an in home visit with him and his family Thursday night. Asked if that meeting could seal the deal on a commitment to the Gamecocks, Giles responded, "I know for a fact I'm going to.... well, I mean, I'm going to make a commitment next week." Asked if he meant he was going to commit to USC, Giles would only say USC and Nebraska are his top two. Nebraska's running backs coach visited him Monday. "It went real good," he said. "He explained a lot of stuff to my dad. My dad walked out with a lot more knowledge about Nebraska." Tennessee recruiters Stan Drayton and David Reaves are to visit Giles Friday, Giles, a former Tennessee commitment, said he's not strongly considering the Vols. "I just want to hear what they're going to say."

I dont know if this is good or bad..

December 02, 2008

Giles Moving Closer To Commitment Day

By Phil Kornblut

He didn't mean to tip his hand, and maybe he didn't, but RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa Tuesday night may have provided a clue about what he's thinking regarding making a commitment to either USC or Nebraska. Giles disclosed that USC head coach Steve Spurrier and running backs coach Robert Gillespie will make an in home visit with him and his family Thursday night. Asked if that meeting could seal the deal on a commitment to the Gamecocks, Giles responded, "I know for a fact I'm going to.... well, I mean, I'm going to make a commitment next week." Asked if he meant he was going to commit to USC, Giles would only say USC and Nebraska are his top two. Nebraska's running backs coach visited him Monday. "It went real good," he said. "He explained a lot of stuff to my dad. My dad walked out with a lot more knowledge about Nebraska." Tennessee recruiters Stan Drayton and David Reaves are to visit Giles Friday, Giles, a former Tennessee commitment, said he's not strongly considering the Vols. "I just want to hear what they're going to say."

sounds like the question caught him a little off guard, but who knows besides him......

Kid will end up at SC......good luck to him.... I am not sure why we just don't make McBurse feel like he is our #1..... Let's get the guys who are sure they want to be here.... nothing like having Giles say NU next week, giving up on McBurse, and then have SC-TN still calling until Feb.

A week before signing day, he backs out to SC and we are left holding the "bag".......... forget him and GET MCBURSE..... I think he is just as good anyway.