RB Jarvis Giles

Nothing like busting out the Reggie Bush card........sickening.

One thing to note to young Mr. Giles and Lane Kiffin, did you forget to mention that the O-line is the MAJOR reason why Bush accomplished what he did. Also you got to add in the QB play, WRs and on and on.

You can recruit all the super star rbs in the world, BUT if you don't have an oline to run behind it's pointless. That's Tennessee's main problems. They're already stacked at the RB position on their current roster of HS All Americans, yet they still don't pan out because their O-line is bad.

Bring on McBurse and hopefully Rex.

I am convinced that is the case with lucky.... not that he had a bad career here, but with an above average line I think the kid would have been a 1st round pick.

Awe, I don't think so. He has average vision and just isn't a physical ball carrier. How many runs have you seen Lucky break a tackle?? One thing he does have and Tom Lemming was spot on in scouting him, he is one of the best receivers out of the backfield out of any college rb there is.

Wow, Kiffin is totally blowing sunshine up his butt. He's basically telling him he'll be the feature back. He still has to outplay the running backs in his own class.

Kiffin is just a beast on the recruiting trail. Same can be said for the staff he already has in place. The scary part is, it will get better once he finishes his staff.

Honestly, Kiffin is about to put the whole SEC on notice that Tennessee will be a power again. His coaching mentality may not work at Tennessee, but that dude will put a crap ton of talent on the field in Knoxville over the next few years.

It should be interesting to see what Kiffin does at Tennessee. He's learned from the be$t when it comes to recruiting. I can see it already in his mind that he's thinking Tennessee will become the USC in the SEC. With the pro style offense that they will be running there he better hope like hell he stirkes gold in the QB/o-line dept. The only problem is there is only 1 USC in the PAC 10, how many are there in the SEC??

But back to NU and our own problems regarding this staff, I had initial worries about recruiting from the get go and I still do. The Giles thing has nothing to do with it, but I see 3 good recruiters on this staff and one of them may be bolting to become HC. That's a problem.

Coaching AND recruiting will always be very important for any HC at NU, I don't have to explain the distance deal and all the negatives. I just have my concerns with this staff and that was one of the main reasons why I wanted Gill to become NU's HC last year. Timing is everything in life, I just wish Gill had won the MAC last year instead of this year because then the perception of TO hiring him back wouldn't look like a homer job/NU is going back to option football deal.

So Bo isnt visiting him today?

What the fudge

any truth to this?

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20081207/...0297/-1/psports

RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa is down to a final two of Tennessee, the school he once was committed to, and USC, the school he nearly committed to following his official visit in November. Giles said Sunday he's no longer considering Nebraska and canceled the in home visits with Nebraska coaches set for Sunday. As of Sunday afternoon, Giles said he is undecided between the two with his announcement set for around noon on Tuesday. "Both of them are tied," Giles said. Giles met Thursday with USC coach Steve Spurrier and running backs coach Robert Gillespie. Friday he was visited by new Tennessee head coach Lane Kiffin, running backs coach Stan Drayton, quarterbacks coach David Reaves and athletics director Mike Hamilton. "They showed me cut ups on a DVD of Reggie Bush and the offense they are going to run and how I would be a big factor," Giles said. "They were telling me just how much they would use me. Coach Reaves was telling me how much they need me. He said he wants a ring, a championship ring, and that's why he left, and he wanted to be with his brother-in-law." Giles said he was called Sunday morning by Drayton. As for what will be the decisive factor for his call on Tuesday, Giles said, "How comfortable I am with the school." Giles said once he makes his decision, he won't tell anyone until his news conference.

Yep, you got a bunch of sunshine blown up your arse kid. Enjoy Tenn or SC................................... :wacko:

This kid is a very good athlete.

But I hope he doesn't think he is the next Reggie Bush.

Reggie had every thing handed to him, great Oline, QB's, WR's, etc... around him to make him great.

Also Bush was freakishly good, once in a lifetime college athlete.

Tennessee has really nothing on offense outside of RB's now.

Time to move on...we got some other great recruits out there so looking forward still to the class closing strong. If he didn't even give Bo an opportunity to do the visit, then that is too bad. I think NU is the most certain option this kid had. South Carolina is not a very good football team..they just ride the SEC coattails...and I am not sure how much longer Spurrier is going to hang around. Tenn? Who knows...sounds liked Kiffin pumped the sunshine. The jury is out on Tenn. I am not sure how quickly they will be back.

Nothing like busting out the Reggie Bush card........sickening.

One thing to note to young Mr. Giles and Lane Kiffin, did you forget to mention that the O-line is the MAJOR reason why Bush accomplished what he did. Also you got to add in the QB play, WRs and on and on.

You can recruit all the super star rbs in the world, BUT if you don't have an oline to run behind it's pointless. That's Tennessee's main problems. They're already stacked at the RB position on their current roster of HS All Americans, yet they still don't pan out because their O-line is bad.

Bring on McBurse and hopefully Rex.

I am convinced that is the case with lucky.... not that he had a bad career here, but with an above average line I think the kid would have been a 1st round pick.

Awe, I don't think so. He has average vision and just isn't a physical ball carrier. How many runs have you seen Lucky break a tackle?? One thing he does have and Tom Lemming was spot on in scouting him, he is one of the best receivers out of the backfield out of any college rb there is.

how many times did the kid actually get a hole? and of those VERY few times how many times did he take it to the house? anyway I'm not going to go anymore in to this...its a matter of opinion anyway