SIGNED: QB Cody Green

Cody Green is the #10-rated dual-threat QB on Rivals.

FWIW, Kody Spano was #9 in that category last year. Just sayin'...

So what are you saying, does Spano look good or not so good? If he's good that just means Green will have a competant backup, playing in the same style....if that's how it shakes out, that is......

p.s....parents of TX, STOP with the naming of you sons, 'Cody'--and 'Colt' for that matter!! I feel like I'm in a John Wayne movie or something....I'm surprised someone hasn't said, "Cody looks like the real "McCoy", for god's sake!! Is it still the wild west down there?

I see where your coming from.

I really dont think after watching both QBs tape that Spano is even in Greens league as a senior.

No knock on Spano

JMO

Spano is probably the more accomplished passer at this point. :dunno

Also Green was injured as a Junior so that Rivals rating will change. Scout already has him as #2 QB overall.

Ok let me rephrase that. Spanos senior tape didnt show the skill level that Greens Soph tapes did to me.

I know that Green has a short motion but what passes that I have seen him throw, he looks pretty accurate.

The difference is the shear speed this young man possesses. Defenses will have to change there approach simply because of his ability.

OMG this has made my day!!!! Can't wait to see you in a NU uni on gameday Cody. :clap

Well, Green and Castille will be in the same backfield, at least in Castille's senior year. Add a stellar speedy HB to the mix and it would be one heckuva backfield. :thumbs

Cool, good news, good stuff.

Now he just needs to stay healthy, and get after it his senior year. I'm a little suprise at all the attention? Granted he played good as a soph, but fact is he missed most of his games last year.

Embracing the news - yes, but keeping a level head about it. I'm just sayin'...

This is good news, I hope that his ankle makes it back to 100% soon, I just don't want him to injure it again this season. IMO he needs to redshirt that first year and be careful and learn the offense. he mentions playing time is one of the main reasons he came to NU.

I guess he must not think Lee, Spano, or Witt are going to be too tough to beat out...

Just watched some more video of his sophomore team. This guy is an excelent talent.

We have landed one explosive player.

Team went 8-2 in the regular season and undefeated in league play.

They made it to the second round of the playoffs that season. Just dominating teams with his wheels and his arm and speedy receivers.

He should have a great senior season.