Receivers: #11

O-Line: #6

D-Line: #8

Linebackers: #11

Secondary: #8

Special Teams: #4

Coaching: #7

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=834573

We should be number one in RBs. Rivals even says we have the Big 12's best RB in Lucky. Add our depth with Helu and Castille, and we have the best stable of backs in the conference, possibly the country.

The rest of the rankings seem ok, except for Offensive Line and Coaching, which seem harsh to me.

We should be number one in RBs. Rivals even says we have the Big 12's best RB in Lucky. Add our depth with Helu and Castille, and we have the best stable of backs in the conference, possibly the country.

The rest of the rankings seem ok, except for Offensive Line and Coaching, which seem harsh to me.

I can understand coaching being low. We have a first year head coach. I'm a little surprised with O-line rankings, but remember that we gave up a lot of sacks and couldn't run the ball in big games.

So, I come up with an average ranking of 7. This means 6 teams will be ahead of us. I'm thinking OU, Texas, TT, Mizzou, and KU. They might be a little harsh, but not by much unless they're throwing an A&M or CU ahead of us. I hope they are wrong about the Dline, receivers, and LB's. I'm somewhat surprised they have special teams as high as 4.

Post this in the NU locker room...especially for the O-line and defense. See what they have to say about it...

On the radio the other day, I heard someone say this OL may be the best ever to play at NU. While I'm hoping they are very good, I highly doubt they can hang in there with the likes of Wiegert, Stai, Zatecka, etc. If they are good enough to even hold these guys jockstraps, then Ganz will rarely get touched.

I think those are all pretty fair assesments. That is a pretty high coaching rank considering this is Pelini's first season as head coach. Look at all the coaches in the Big 12; Mangino, Leach, Stoops, Gundy, Brown, Hawkins, Pinkel, Sherman, heck, Art Briles is a heck of a coach at a dead end school though. I purposely left out Prince and Chizik hasn't proven much as a head coach yet.

Seems kind of accurate. Exept I looked at UT and was suprised how adding Will Muschamp as the D-CO instantly changes the perspective of writers. LBs & Secondary are proof of guesswork. Makes me go "huh?"

Offensive backfield: NU #2 - Texas #8

Receivers: #11 - Texas #6

O-Line: #6 - Texas #3

D-Line: #8 - Texas #2

Linebackers: #11 - Texas #3 (Although Rashad Bobino is the lone returning starter, Texas has guys with star potential ready to step into starting roles.)

Secondary: #8 - Texas #5 (The Longhorns are counting on redshirt freshmen to revive an abysmal pass defense. A change in schemes should help.)

Special Teams: #4 - Texas #2

Coaching: #7 - Texas #2

UT's backfield and recievers are showing average or below.

I think NU's lower ranking on the defense side of the ball is more to do with this being Carl Pelini's 1st year as a DC at any college. Muschamp came from Auburn and had excellent results.

Overall, I think NU's lower ranking all around is in part to media pundit's getting burned last year with their higher expections. Many thought we were going to finally have a break out year with Keller, Purify, Lucky, an experienced LB corp etc, etc, but we flat out sucked last year. Call it shell shock. If we exceed those current ratings this year, great! If we don't, the media pundits can turn and say "Look! I told you so!"