Dont panic on RB

HANC

Dont panic on a couple of the RB that we have lost recently in recruiting....Oku and Hilliard..... everything will be fine. Remember, Castille will return, Helu has 2 years left, and Collins Okafor will be a stud. He is redshirting this year and has the total package.

Dont panic on a couple of the RB that we have lost recently in recruiting....Oku and Hilliard..... everything will be fine. Remember, Castille will return, Helu has 2 years left, and Collins Okafor will be a stud. He is redshirting this year and has the total package.

i don't think hillard has commited yet?

From all the things I have heard about Okafor, he has been a pretty big disappointment so far. Hopefully he can turn things around.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Okafor end-up at LB.

Hilliard hasn't committed yet, maybe we still have a shot.

The resident insider on the scrolls says we should get Burkhead, who'd be a hell of a get and help future endeavors in Texas.

If he's wrong on Burkhead we'll find ourselves sorry for for chasing Wegher as a safety. Think we would've gotten him as a rb.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Okafor end-up at LB.

Hilliard hasn't committed yet, maybe we still have a shot.

The resident insider on the scrolls says we should get Burkhead, who'd be a hell of a get and help future endeavors in Texas.

If he's wrong on Burkhead we'll find ourselves sorry for for chasing Wegher as a safety. Think we would've gotten him as a rb.

okafor at LB ? really?...haven't heard that one yet..hey if he can't make it at rb why not try him at LB right ?.. i wouldn't be totally against it. we'd have some serious speed at the LB spot..i know alot of school do it all the time..ever heard of jonathan vilma? well, he signed with U of MIAMI as one of the top rb in the country coming out of high school. they switched him to LB right away..we all saw how he turned out

im guessing 50% chance that oku decommits tennessee since their hc is more than likely the next coach to be fired

Why does everyone think Fulmer gets fired? I hope Tennessee is smarter than us or Alabama or Notre Dame or etc. etc. Fulmer's contract has some guarantees built into it, now that doesn't mean they won't renege on that but I think Fulmer has been there long enough and won enough (one MNC) to keep his job through a few rough seasons. Remember that Tenn. went to the SEC championship game last year.

From all the things I have heard about Okafor, he has been a pretty big disappointment so far. Hopefully he can turn things around.

He not been in the system for a full year and he's already a big disappointment.....wow.

He not been in the system for a full year and he's already a big disappointment.....wow.

No doubt, give the kid some time in the system? He'll get better........... :dunno

Hilliard hasn't committed yet but he did receive a scholarship during his UCLA visit. He has said before that UCLA is his clear number one so I wouldn't bank on him coming to Nebrask. I don't like hearing whats being said about Okafor....kinda surprised if it's actually true.

I have a feeling Rex won't end up being a RB in college wherever he decides to go.

I'm not saying I'm worried at all about our situation at RB. We usually have a stable of RBs waiting for their chance to shine. This is only Bo's first ture recruiting class and in the years to come, we'll get plenty of great RBs. This is Nebraska.

post-5881-1224692994.png

Remember, Castille will return, Helu has 2 years left

:yeah

The cupboard is definitely not bare at the RB position. Helu and Castille will be probably be co-#1s in 2009 and 2010. Also remember Mendoza is red shirt Freshman. (Are Ward and Reed also at RB? Will Grixby be at RB when he comes back?)

Probably only needed 1 or 2 RBs in this class anyway, so having Tray already committed helps. There are certainly positions with greater need. I'm much more worried that there are no WR commits yet.

The cupboard is definitely not bare at the RB position. Helu and Castille will be probably be co-#1s in 2009 and 2010. Also remember Mendoza is red shirt Freshman. (Are Ward and Reed also at RB? Will Grixby be at RB when he comes back?)

Probably only needed 1 or 2 RBs in this class anyway, so having Tray already committed helps. There are certainly positions with greater need. I'm much more worried that there are no WR commits yet.

I'm with you there I just dont understand why its so hard to get some good not great mind you WR in here. Not like we run the ball 80% if the time anymore we are balanced offense.

Antonio Bell may join the team in January giving us 1 WR. I'm not sure what the status of his grades/test scores are though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the cupboard is bare, but it sure could use some stocking. Helu is our best returning back, Castille should never get another carry, Mendoza might perform well but is still a small guy you can't overuse, and Okafor has been a disappointment from what I have heard. I think we need a decent player in this class. If we don't get one we really need to hit a homerun at RB next year or we are in trouble.