Cody Glenn Suspended

mrmac429

Finally, and most importantly: please be respectful everyone. This is a young man who has obviously made a big mistake. But we all make a bad decision at some point in our life. To hold him to this high of a standard is unfair. We should remember that up until this point, he has never caused a problem on the team or off the field. Glenn is still a college student; he has dreams, hopes, ambitions... And his entire life, everything that he has worked for, is in turmoil right now.

So be respectful, and don't spread false rumors. That's just uncalled for, regardless of who they are about. This is one of us, a Husker. Glenn has committed to the Nebraska program through good and bad times during the past 4 years. What does it say about this board if we can't support our players when they need support the most? At this point we have no evidence to suggest anything illegal has happened. So let's remember that, and give one of our players, Cody Glenn, the respect he deserves.

I hope Glenn or any Husker doesn't read through this thread, and see some of the hate that has been posted (unvalidated statements of sexual assault and rape). That's uncalled for, period.

/rant

I'm just breaking up the monotony of the 'credible source' entries. Just some comedic relief if you will. I'm not being disrespectful of Nebraska or Cody. I'm being disrespectful of everyone throwing their theories out there.

However, I will disagree with the "Give him the benefit of the doubt" and "Wishing him the best". Just as we don't know if he just had a 'minor' infraction...we don't know if something 'major' has happened as well. What if you 'wish him the best' and find out that there was a rape (or insert some other possible huge mistake)? You're going to take those words back. When you say 'we've all made mistakes' you are darn right. But some people's mistakes are much worse than others.

Again, this is why I say that a Sports Information department needs to act swiftly. I'm not passing judgement on Cody...but I'm not turning away to the thought that something big going down isn't a POSSIBLIITY. We won't know until someone answers and until then why give anyone (husker player or not) the benefit of the doubt. Only information and answers can provide the conclusion.

theres two sides to that sword......

what if you belittle the guy, and find out all that happened is he failed a test or class...... your going to want to take those words back.

i'm not knockin on you or your comic relief, cause it was pretty funny(really the only post that i found humorous in this thread)... i just have a prob with the what if

Finally, and most importantly: please be respectful everyone. This is a young man who has obviously made a big mistake. But we all make a bad decision at some point in our life. To hold him to this high of a standard is unfair. We should remember that up until this point, he has never caused a problem on the team or off the field. Glenn is still a college student; he has dreams, hopes, ambitions... And his entire life, everything that he has worked for, is in turmoil right now.

So be respectful, and don't spread false rumors. That's just uncalled for, regardless of who they are about. This is one of us, a Husker. Glenn has committed to the Nebraska program through good and bad times during the past 4 years. What does it say about this board if we can't support our players when they need support the most? At this point we have no evidence to suggest anything illegal has happened. So let's remember that, and give one of our players, Cody Glenn, the respect he deserves.

I hope Glenn or any Husker doesn't read through this thread, and see some of the hate that has been posted (unvalidated statements of sexual assault and rape). That's uncalled for, period.

/rant

I'm just breaking up the monotony of the 'credible source' entries. Just some comedic relief if you will. I'm not being disrespectful of Nebraska or Cody. I'm being disrespectful of everyone throwing their theories out there.

However, I will disagree with the "Give him the benefit of the doubt" and "Wishing him the best". Just as we don't know if he just had a 'minor' infraction...we don't know if something 'major' has happened as well. What if you 'wish him the best' and find out that there was a rape (or insert some other possible huge mistake)? You're going to take those words back. When you say 'we've all made mistakes' you are darn right. But some people's mistakes are much worse than others.

Again, this is why I say that a Sports Information department needs to act swiftly. I'm not passing judgement on Cody...but I'm not turning away to the thought that something big going down isn't a POSSIBLIITY. We won't know until someone answers and until then why give anyone (husker player or not) the benefit of the doubt. Only information and answers can provide the conclusion.

Thanks for posting that, stars. That is the impression of Cody that I have always had, a good kid that loves to play football. I hope he can overcome whatever he is dealing with and get back on the field, if possible.

Cody didnt get in trouble for selling tickets and he certainly didnt rape anyone. Trust me, I know. I know Cody personally and I know for a fact neither are true. He was involved in a misunderstanding and violation of team rules and now is dealing with it in a manner in which not to hurt himself more.

His name is being ruined by people like the people on this board saying horrible rumors and taking things way out of proportion. Cody is a very decent, God-loving person; and the ignorance of others and Cody himself now have him in a situation which could hurt his future.

He's doing all he can to have his name not completely ruined, but he did NOT sell tickets, and he did NOT rape anyone or anything of the matter.

I wish and hope that people would chill out and realize that a young man, my bestfriend's, future is at stake here. Stop bashing him, and just live with people make mistakes...ALL people....not just Cody and realize this is a team violation. Not NCAA, and not Law Enforcement worthy.

Hope everything works out for you Cody, Thanks for everything brother.

Jody

Also...the Cody I know would never make such a big deal out of not getting a blackshirt. He'd go out and do more than he already has and try harder to earn it. What a joke...

Do you think there is ANY chance the situation can be rectified in time for the CU game, or the bowl?

I would like to throw in my two cents here.

I had a chance to talk with Cody Glenn a few weeks ago, and I have to say - I am shocked and stunned by this whole situation. I still can't believe it.

I have had a chance to talk with quite a few of the players this year. And out of all of the ones I have spoken with - Cody is by far the most relaxed, genuine, and easy going person on the team. He is a nice guy, quick with the jokes, very friendly, and someone who I could see myself being friends with outside of football. He's just a great guy.

But what struck me the most about Cody is his determination to do one thing, and one thing only - he wanted to make it in the NFL. We actually hit it off quickly when I interviewed him before the Baylor game. I told Cody Glenn I was a Cowboy's fan, and as many of you know - Glenn is from Texas. He told me that it's his dream to one day play for the Cowboys. Glenn seemed committed, determined, and fairly confident that he had a good chance of making it in the NFL.

Cody also demonstrated a real love for football. You could just see the hunger in his eyes. I didn't get the impression that he plays this game for money, television, fame, status, or any of those things. In fact, I asked him a lot of those questions, and it would have been easy for him to have appeared absorbed in it all. Instead, all of his answers centered on football. And to me they seemed genuine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't think he would be stupid enough to do something criminal, or participate in something that could clearly be a violation of team policy. Not after all that he has worked for. I'm guessing whatever happened; caught him off guard, surprised him, and that Glenn is probably still in shock as to whatever has left him suspended. I don't think this was even remotely deliberate.

/rant

In all reality, I hope he does read through this thread. Then, maybe he will come forth with the explanation as to why he was suspended indefinitely. Nothing good ever comes of trying to keep secrets. Come forth with your mistake, then you won't have everyone speculating.

Well, when the coaches, the team members and others involved in the program all

are on the same page, "no further comments," I tend to let it go and wait for things

to pan out in the long run. Move on from that point.

The "no further comments" seems to have triggered a lot of speculation, some

rumor-mongering and a bit of bull s*** in several Husker forums. Too bad.

Can we move away from the guessing and just join the team and coaches in

"no further comments?"

Well, when the coaches, the team members and others involved in the program all

are on the same page, "no further comments," I tend to let it go and wait for things

to pan out in the long run. Move on from that point.

The "no further comments" seems to have triggered a lot of speculation, some

rumor-mongering and a bit of bull s*** in several Husker forums. Too bad.

Can we move away from the guessing and just join the team and coaches in

"no further comments?"

:yeah I guess it would make too much sense.

I would like to throw in my two cents here.

I had a chance to talk with Cody Glenn a few weeks ago, and I have to say - I am shocked and stunned by this whole situation. I still can't believe it.

I have had a chance to talk with quite a few of the players this year. And out of all of the ones I have spoken with - Cody is by far the most relaxed, genuine, and easy going person on the team. He is a nice guy, quick with the jokes, very friendly, and someone who I could see myself being friends with outside of football. He's just a great guy.

But what struck me the most about Cody is his determination to do one thing, and one thing only - he wanted to make it in the NFL. We actually hit it off quickly when I interviewed him before the Baylor game. I told Cody Glenn I was a Cowboy's fan, and as many of you know - Glenn is from Texas. He told me that it's his dream to one day play for the Cowboys. Glenn seemed committed, determined, and fairly confident that he had a good chance of making it in the NFL.

Cody also demonstrated a real love for football. You could just see the hunger in his eyes. I didn't get the impression that he plays this game for money, television, fame, status, or any of those things. In fact, I asked him a lot of those questions, and it would have been easy for him to have appeared absorbed in it all. Instead, all of his answers centered on football. And to me they seemed genuine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't think he would be stupid enough to do something criminal, or participate in something that could clearly be a violation of team policy. Not after all that he has worked for. I'm guessing whatever happened; caught him off guard, surprised him, and that Glenn is probably still in shock as to whatever has left him suspended. I don't think this was even remotely deliberate.

/rant

In all reality, I hope he does read through this thread. Then, maybe he will come forth with the explanation as to why he was suspended indefinitely. Nothing good ever comes of trying to keep secrets. Come forth with your mistake, then you won't have everyone speculating.

Honestly, "keeping it in house" means no one really has to clear up anything. It's not his job to satisfy folks thirsty tastebuds for gossip. Let it go already. No one is keeping secrets. Quite frankly, it's none of our business.

I have been a fan of Cody Glenn since I started hearing about this RB from Rusk Texas coming in who could really lay the lumber. I rooted for him as he struggled with injuries at a position with alot of competition. I felt for him as he languised under an idiot head coach. And I respected him when he made the decision to switch to D. He has worked his a$$ off for every minute of playing time without ever complaining. He has shown what it means to be a team player, and a Blackshirt, I for one am going to miss seeing him finish his career as a Husker. Good luck in all you do Cody. GBR.

Cody nor anyone else has to tell anyone anything. I just love how some people think they have a "right" to know since they are a fan or they have donated money to the program/season ticket holder. It truly is none of our business.

I hope he does not read through the thread on this board....it is showing the true character of some people on here. He did something wrong, leave it at that!

Cody nor anyone else has to tell anyone anything. I just love how some people think they have a "right" to know since they are a fan or they have donated money to the program/season ticket holder. It truly is none of our business.

I hope he does not read through the thread on this board....it is showing the true character of some people on here. He did something wrong, leave it at that!

Except its a public university and is supposed to be transparent. If it were a private institution it would be fine. However i think a public institution has every obligation to the tax payers to tell them what is going on.