Nebraska Kids

How come this staff hasn’t received criticism like the previous staff did for only have 2 of 18 recruits being Nebraska kids? :madash I could careless how many in-state kids get scholarships however there were plenty that demanded Billy C take a certain amount every year. Are the 2 that have committed the only D-1 prospects in the state this year that are worth taking? Are there a few that we still have a hand in that we may end up giving scholarships to or are we trying to get more in-state kids to walk-on? Is that kid from Millard South that people have been chubbing over since his first year at Omaha Central still in the mix?

Like I said, I personally think the number is a non issue, I just wonder where all those people are that were demanding in-state kids be signed from 04-07. Do they still feel the same way or did they realize that there are only so many in-state kids that actually deserve scholarships? :dunno

low life pot stirrer. My thoughts are most on here love Bo and have since the first day. BC did not have that overall love, never really got it even when winnning the North.

Just another thing to get people upset over. I liked BC, still do, but he was destined to fail. Too far out of the inner circle to succeed here. I am glad we have Bo as it does stop some of the inner strief we had with the past staff. It appears we are at peace in the family, and that in itself makes the program better in our eyes.

Now quit being a trouble maker, and go hug a puppy.

low life pot stirrer. My thoughts are most on here love Bo and have since the first day. BC did not have that overall love, never really got it even when winnning the North.

:yeah

Oh, and eight wins + bowl game > five wins + no bowl game. I want wins. I don't care what players we use to get them. I want to go into games thinking we have a legitimate chance at winning.

How come this staff hasn’t received criticism like the previous staff did for only have 2 of 18 recruits being Nebraska kids? :madash I could careless how many in-state kids get scholarships however there were plenty that demanded Billy C take a certain amount every year. Are the 2 that have committed the only D-1 prospects in the state this year that are worth taking? Are there a few that we still have a hand in that we may end up giving scholarships to or are we trying to get more in-state kids to walk-on? Is that kid from Millard South that people have been chubbing over since his first year at Omaha Central still in the mix?

Like I said, I personally think the number is a non issue, I just wonder where all those people are that were demanding in-state kids be signed from 04-07. Do they still feel the same way or did they realize that there are only so many in-state kids that actually deserve scholarships? :dunno

I am not sure, but I think part of the criticism for Cally was because he reduced the number of walk ons the participation by In-State kids was reduced. The only way to make up part of the difference would be to offer more in-state kids a scholly. I think they should only offer who they feel is good enough to play, and in this sense Cally caught a bad break, but there is something to be said for the connection of the state to the team.

Over the years under TO, there were several in-staters to make contribution, but I think the walk on program did more to contribute to this than anything else. I know that most of the starters were scholarship players, but the WO program pushed those guys to another level and also allowed TO to find diamonds in the ruff.

I think that a re-newed emphasis on the WO program is helping Bo in much the same manner. Just look at how important the WO program was this year. 5 starters on D were walk on's, overall over half a dozen starters on both sides of the ball are/were walk ons. Holt, Wortman, Peterson, O'hanlon, etc., you read all the time in newspapers about how their communities are proud again. Communities see that their kids are contributing again, hence less cries to give more schollys to in-state kids. Bo has stated that the best players will play no matter what their background is and has walked the walk. Everyone sees this and appreciates this. This will allow Bo to recruit as he sees fit, yet still maintain that connection with the populace; for as long as Bo stays true to his word about giving everyone a shot, there will always be walk on's that make good or bring the level of competition for playing time up several notches.

Please tell me which in-state prospects we have overlooked...

If only there was some forum for discussing recruiting.

Thanks for pointing that out to me I really don't know my way around the board. <_<

Please tell me which in-state prospects we have overlooked...

I asked if there were any more besides the 2 out there, I never said there were kids that should be getting scholarships. :dunno

Also I said I don’t care how many in-state kids we give scholarships to, some years there may not be any that deserve them. I want to know where those goofs :bang that demanded Billy C take “X” amount of in-state kids every year are at now that only 2 of 18 are in-state kids this year.

So you're raising the issue to stir the pot?
low life pot stirrer

For the people calling me a “pot stirrer”, I think you guys may be on to something. :moreinteresting

Thanks for pointing that out to me I really don't know my way around the board. <_<

Well now that you got what you wanted a buch of hits and comments on your subject here. I was just wondering where you sit on the same question? There has been some pretty darn goods points made, and now I am wondering where you sit. :dunno

I believe Billy C got that heat for his pattern of staying mostly out of state over his entire employment here. Being how the recruiting season isn't over yet, and how this is Bo's first full chance at recruiting, I don't see your argument yet.

But I have to agree with some other points already made. Bo should go for the best players he can period. If they come from the state, great...bring them in. And the fact that he brought the walk-on program back up to speed negates any heat IMO for him grabbing a bunch of players from out of state.