Did Bill Callahan sabotage the 2004 season?

13 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

bill and steve are responsible removing the identity of the program. 

we were able to get the best dual threat QB recruit and best running back recruits every year until they decided to instill a pass 1st offense.

Somehow I’m not thinking Jamaal Lord and Joe Dailey were the best dual threat QB’s available. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

2 hours ago, BoSolich said:

bill and steve are responsible removing the identity of the program. 

we were able to get the best dual threat QB recruit and best running back recruits every year until they decided to instill a pass 1st offense.

I'd take Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz any day.

If you're suggesting we abandoned the run and dual threat quarterbacks in 2004, you'd be missing all three total yardage leaders in Nebraska football history and three of our Top 6 running backs. 

no doubt we had some great players in the last 20 years, but the identity has not been there the last 20 years. we have no idea what type of football team we need to win. in the 90s we knew what needed to be done to win and recruits knew exactly where they'd fit in here.

Steve and Bill blew everything up just because solich went 9-3, and they wanted to make their own legacy instead of continuing the success osborne built

• TBH 1
22 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

I would say the strongest evidence we have is how similar Bo's tenure at Nebraska lines up with Tom Osborne's first years.

Osborne's first 7 years:

• 7 top-10 finishes

• 5 major bowl appearances

• 2 (co) conference championships

• 13 wins over ranked teams

Pelini's first 7 years:

• 0 top-10 finishes

• 0 major bowl appearances

• 0 conference championships

• 4 wins over ranked teams

22 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

I think the wake up call should be "We cannot continue to put successful coaches on the hot seat, because they don't immediately win Conference Championships or National Championships"  

Pelini got fired after year seven. There's nowhere that the word 'immediately' belongs in that equation, he was given plenty of time.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1