Did Bill Callahan sabotage the 2004 season?

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So are you ready to talk about Sean McVey ordering a meaningless field goal as time expired that broke the 7.5 point betting line in the Rams/Niners game? 

Negative EV plays happen daily in sports. Whether it’s part of a fix or just a coach making a dumb decision is hard to say. Fixing 100% exists and money laundering through sportsbetting is real. There are plenty of people overseeing this stuff, but it’s so hard to prove.

9 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Man - that is one old thread.  Dead threads like this need to be kept 'dead'!  I only recognized @admo from all of those old posts.  

Rise From Dead GIFs | Tenor

Agreed, and that admo fool has been around HB for a long a$$ time!  Used to go by the moniker "addison mode" :):dumdum

Hijacking thread

Would be pretty cool if there was a tag available for Huskerboard Hall Of Famers :horns2

I remember being a daily lurker from 2003 to 2005.... when @JJ Husker was like... "hi guys, hockey anyone??!  And I got $5 dollars on Middle Tennessee State tonight!"  (but you get my point)

From 2003 to 2005 I was also reading Huskerpedia as well, but never checked it out when it converted to Huskermax.

There has been so many cool dudes that have been contributing on this board for a long a$$ time, along with a ton of dudes who got banned during a stretch when the board literally put up an axe and wiped them all out with a big swooosh.  

I'm sorry if I simply forget several names, but there is hall of famers on here......  brothers like @JJ Husker @BIGREDIOWAN GSG55 aka @GSG @teachercd @Mavric @ZRod @The Dude @knapplc @Moiraine @macroboy @Guy Chamberlin @BigRedBuster etc, etc, etc....

The class of 2006 was obviously the best, but 2008 & 2010 was awesome too.  In other words, it would be special if some of these members got something special next to their name, by giving credit where credit is due.  I don't know how, but it could be something to consider in a different thread perhaps. 

Like/example... 

JJHUSKER HOF '03 ..... XYZ HOF '08....  XYZ HOF '10 .....  :)

Like I said, give credit where credit is due and maybe some love before we all get too old to type and reply "gbr" lolol

• Oh Yeah! 4

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Can you tell us what Netscape was like grandpa? :lol:

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

My AOL CD drink coaster brother!

Just the words Netscape and AOL cause me to hear that old dial up & connection sound. It’s like a Pavlovian response. I’m certain I could still find a few of those old AOL CDs around here somewhere. 20 years….:wasted

• Oh Yeah! 3

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow….I’ve been on here for 11 years. 

I was in a board before this for a number of years but it became so negative that it wasn’t fun anymore. 

Must have been Huskerpedia.  I was on it also.   It got very, very negative.  And if anyone thinks the political threads here are negative, they don't hold a candle to what it was like on Huskerpedia.  I was in my Glenn Beck, Rush, Tea Party mode back then.  I eventually escaped that trap after coming to HB and gaining some perspective from friends like you and @knapplc .   Moderation is a beautiful thing.

• Plus1 1

I joined in 2007 just before Callahan was fired. I didn't post a lot in the first year. I mostly used this site to strip text of formatting for recipes. Copy it from the janky blog text formatting into the box here, then copy it into my recipe book. After a while I started following along with the conversations and contributing more. 16 years later I'm still hanging around. Doesn't seem like that long.

33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Must have been Huskerpedia.  I was on it also.   It got very, very negative.  And if anyone thinks the political threads here are negative, they don't hold a candle to what it was like on Huskerpedia.  I was in my Glenn Beck, Rush, Tea Party mode back then.  I eventually escaped that trap after coming to HB and gaining some perspective from friends like you and @knapplc .   Moderation is a beautiful thing.

Ten years for me, after I also escaped Huskerpedia. That place got wild.

• Oh Yeah! 1